Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optics

optics

Thinking of buying a used meopta meopro 6x18x50 or a swaro 3.5x18x 44,already have a meopta meopro which i find is very good for the money would there be much difference with the swaro as i,ve never looked through one.

If there's no difference in cost Swarovski every time if you have to pay a little more Swarovski every time

Quote Originally Posted by Markfox View Post
    If there's no difference in cost Swarovski every time if you have to pay a little more Swarovski every time
    Plus you'll get a better resale on the Swaro

Meopta very good value for money, you get some quite good quality scopes for what you pay. Swarovski is in a higher league.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

optics

Your asking a difficult question ,
    In that everyone's eye are different ..... Best thing to do is look thru them both if you can .
    As regards cost well swaro alot more expensive but warranty & customer service are legendary.
    But I had both , now on a meopta meostar 3x12x56 & it's close optically to my eyes , but a helluva lot cheaper.

Look thru both, see what you " feel" better with then decide ... If cash not an issue ... Swarovski ... If cash a major concern the meopta ... It's a damn good glass

Paul

you will see a differnce but only really at last light or under the lamp im a real fan of meopta scopes having owned a couple in the past so im not just running them down but buy spending the extra money you will get a better peice of kit, if you have the money go for the swaro

What's the scope for?
    Maybe go for less mag but bigger objective; at low light that extra mag on the x44 objective is academic.

Fancy the swaro for long range varmint plus using with nightvision,just really wanted to know if the swaro would have better clarity than the meopta meopro .

Quote Originally Posted by bobby18 View Post
    Fancy the swaro for long range varmint plus using with nightvision,just really wanted to know if the swaro would have better clarity than the meopta meopro .
    ive always found that the cheaper scopes work best with NV for some reason, possibly due to the lens coatings. I can get a far better picture with my cheap Hawke scope than my Swarovski or zeiss glass. If you have a cheap scope try your NV on that first.

Meopro, the cut price made in (for ?) america Meopta, against a swaro, no contest is there.
    I looked at MeoPro bins a couple of years back, no comparison to MeoStars, same for the scopes.

Neil.