Thread: Could be a very busy week

Could be a very busy week

Well its Glastonbury this week and the predicted rain is just going over, huge ammounts of grass to be cut, looks like a lot of my perms will be cut Tuesday onwards so I hope to be v busy. Have a mate coming down for a few days with his .204 and ATN, it will be good to see how it compares with the DP.

Shot 3 foxs last week, last Friday eve 10:20 pm must say very impressed with my Diavari.

Need to reload some ammo on Tues.

D

Good luck, David - whenever the weather has been suitable I've been out recently. Paul has been away, so I've been on my own - apart from having Rufus with me, of course. He found his first fox for me last week. It'd dropped in amongst a field of mostly thigh-high grass, so I went back to the truck and got him. Needless to say he found it almost immediately, which was very satisfying. Another night I guided him onto a carcass using the thermal, calling out 'Left', 'Right' and 'On' as appropriate - he was absolutely brilliant.

grass whats that ,we have no grass the temp has never been over 11deg so far this year and the wettest may on record ,all the farms at the south end of the island are only going to be able to get one cut this year the smaller crofts only make one cut so it wont bother them if it only would warm up the long daylight nearly 23 hrs will make things grow fast

I hope things improve for you - unless things change suddenly around here, there will be three good cuts this year.

Grass been mowed as I type, seem to be cutting everywhere, good job I am on A/L all this week. Mate down with ATN on his .204 so we can compare to the DP. Paddy are you arround on Sat, may come down to BFG and if so might call into see you. Mate is a engineer with Benelli 500 4 in his garage. He would like to see your man cave!!!

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Grass been mowed as I type, seem to be cutting everywhere, good job I am on A/L all this week. Mate down with ATN on his .204 so we can compare to the DP. Paddy are you arround on Sat, may come down to BFG and if so might call into see you. Mate is a engineer with Benelli 500 4 in his garage. He would like to see your man cave!!!

D
    To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm going to be around as I'm meant to be giving a talk on foxing, however, the event looks as though it might be cancelled. Best thing would be to give me a shout on Friday - I've just bought a CBX-6 to go with all the other bikes, so your mate might well enjoy the place!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy_SP View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure if I'm going to be around as I'm meant to be giving a talk on foxing, however, the event looks as though it might be cancelled. Best thing would be to give me a shout on Friday - I've just bought a CBX-6 to go with all the other bikes, so your mate might well enjoy the place!
    going to to take a few days soon and see david and your good self without the hassle of work hanging over me !

Quote Originally Posted by SussexFallow View Post
    going to to take a few days soon and see david and your good self without the hassle of work hanging over me !
    Excellent!