Clive Ward: Poor customer service continues

Cyres

My mate who has a ATN X site was looking for a better illuminator and I pointed him towards the latests CW torch having read CW post on this site. He had issues contacting them just seem to speak to somebody who answers the phone. He fared a bit better by e mail and placed an order having been told they were in stock. That was 17th June, guess what still hasn't got it and appears not yet dispatched. He will be with me from Tuesday evening till the weekend and so no new torch to cf with ours.

Confirms my view and probably that of others that CW is not the best person to deal with.

D

From the posts that I have read regarding Clive Ward, I have got the impression that he is probably a very, very clever technical chap who needs someone to get his business organised. We have all met 'dis-organised professors' !!!! Face-to-face experiences would probably be first class, I imagine.

Last edited:
Yes I agree but my mate is in Shropshire and works and is coming down to N Bristol for a few days. Its so annoying. Last week on amazon I ordered a case and battery for my Lumix camera placed order Friday lunchtime, and arrived 11am Sat am, thats what i call good service. I yet to hear of anybody getting a sppedy service off CW. You wouldn't want to buy some expensive stuff from him.

D

Hi Cyres,

Hopefully this will help:

I'm pretty sure from the locations mentioned that I know which customer this is.

We did have a call in and an e-mail from them last Wednesday asking about stock and delivery on the standard T20 IR which was replied to that day.

That evening an order was placed by the customer for a Black Sun IR System B20IR. These are in high demand at the moment being a new product and delivery is 1-3 days depending on manufacturing cycles and stocks. We are trying to get the website to display this but it's elluding us at the moment so we generally send an e-mail if it's not going to be despatched within the usual 48 hour window. If the customer had asked about the B20IR and not the T20IR then he would have got the correct info.

We were extremely busy on Thursday manufacturing and getting Black Sun IR System back orders cleared and unfortunately closed on Friday due to staff holidays.

The customer would have got confirmation e-mails this morning confirming the order and later today confirming despatch. So with luck and a fair wind he will receive it tomorrow as it was sent 1st Class Signed For service this afternoon.

Don't worry you haven't given your mate a bum steer. It's a brilliant (literally) little IR and pushes out 2.5-3x the power of a standard Chinese manufactured T20.

Cheers

Clive

Clive,

Many thanks for your reply yes he has had an e mail to say dispatched ( Shrewsbury address), so with luck it will arrive today and he will have it to bring down tonight. Good job as grass beeen mowed as I write so lots of charlies may get dealt with in the next 48 hrs.

Regards

D

I have recently had dealings with Clive, I can only speak as i find but every time I emailed he responded quickly, everytime I ordered it was despatched quickly, and when I had an issue with an led he replaced free of charge the next day! I have contacted Clive again today funnily as i was out last night and miss placed the ring that fits between the scope ant the unit, and i am sure once again it will be met with a super service.

P.S The unit is great too!

Clive,

Many thanks for your reply yes he has had an e mail to say dispatched ( Shrewsbury address), so with luck it will arrive today and he will have it to bring down tonight. Good job as grass beeen mowed as I write so lots of charlies may get dealt with in the next 48 hrs.

Regards

D

Hi Cyres,

No problem at all. I've just checked the tracking info and it was delivered at 10am this morning so hopefully just in the nick of time and Charles should get the good news over the next few days. :thumb:

Please do let us know how it performs with the X Sight.

Don't forget power modes are scrolled through by turning on and then half pressing the tail switch briefly and releasing and focus is on the front lens, anti clockwise to tighten the beam. Battery in positive end first as per illustration on the side of the unit.

As tempting as it is, please don't look directly into it at close range.

Cheers

Clive

Last edited:
Dear all

I used Clive for the advice and parts following a duff purchase from another party, helpful, resonably priced and prompt.
Would be happy to buy from agian

dodge

Clive,

excellent news I hope it comes down this eve as it will be in use. Will post soon our thoughts.

Regards

D

Mate and torch have arrived, fitted to x site so off out in a few mins.

Will report in tomorrow

D

To Follow up from my earlier post, spoke to Clive in the afternoon about the part from my d vision i had lost, he sent me a replacement plus a spare free of charge next day!!!

Back