Last chance to see the Vulcan in the air

Druid

Not remotely stalking but for those interested in British military aeroplanes this will be the last year that you will see a Vulcan bomber in the air.
airworthiness cert will not be renewed.
last few shows this summer, see link below
Displays / Tours - Vulcan To The Sky

Saw her at Shoreham last year and will go again this year well worth it and a real shame she cant be kept up

We Usually get a fare display over Northampton once a year flying with the blades who are out of sywell a work colleague was an engineer with the RAF and worked a lot with vulcans fantastic planes .
norma

Thanks for the heads up. I'll pop over to Yeovilton to see her on the 11th July. I spent every summer as a boy on RAF Waddington with my Warrant Officer uncle and aunt, so have fond memories of the V bombers and tankers, and the Vulcans in particular. Quite something to feel the ground shaking under your feet when they were taking off at full noise.

smell where you are, if you know what I mean? if so you have been in a Vulcan, a Submarine, a 50's Car... what an experience to have flown in one off these long range bombers, I've also flown in a Spitfire, Lancaster, Red Arrow Gnat and Hawke, Harrier, Concorde, but the best was a Buccaneer by far. Then at Farnborough I was to fly with an idiot of a pilot that was to demonstrate a lynx helicopter... bloody hell, hey ho that's aviation for you

I managed a farm close to Coventry airport when it was still a going concern. The two most memorable aircraft seen at the annual air show were the Vulcan and Concorde.

P9151534.jpg
Here's a wee snap I took at the RAF Leuchars Air Show in 2012 showing her with bomb doors open. Thankfully considering where I was standing, with no payload to drop.

Back