Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin ' How about SD sew on badges etc.

Admin ' How about SD sew on badges etc.

Just a thought (Something that I may have missed) and if that is the case can someone point me in the right direction please.
    Does "The Stalking Directory" do any sort of merchandise? How about like "The Stalking Directory - Member" Sew On Badges for sale to members? Would this not be a good way to help raise funds for the continued administration and running of The Stalking Directory and give the members something to show and wear with some pride?
    Any thoughts from either Admin or Members?

SD baseball caps, T-shirts, branded camo and stickers to go on rifle stocks too please...

(he says, tongue in cheek)
    Last edited by JabaliHunter; 22-06-2015 at 18:27.

We had all of these for sale in the site shop sometime back. However we did not get enough support to continue with it.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    We had all of these for sale in the site shop sometime back. However we did not get enough support to continue with it.
    So the best form of market research is suggesting re-branding may be in order??

Cheers!

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Try answering the pm you were sent please.
    Admin requires an answer.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Thanks for your answer to my original post - That's a bit of a surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    So the best form of market research is suggesting re-branding may be in order??

Cheers!

K
    No, it's not a branding issue as such. I don't know how many paid-up site supporters there are, but that probably gives a good indication of the number of people who value the SD sufficiently to part with a small amounts of money. Most users who feel some level of attachment to the brand if you like are probably paying supporters already. There will be a big overlap anyway. So then you have the question of what proportion of these will pay for branded merchandise, and then simply whether that warrants a profitable production run of any stickers, teeshirts, patches and so on.

But then of course, you could just run a survey asking people whether they would like any of this stuff and what they would be prepared to pay for it. I suspect you'd find it's not that many people, maybe 50 or 100.

Actually sikamalc I offered to get some embroidered badges made up a few years ago and you said it was being looked at and to "wait out" and nothing has been said about it since, the reason at the time was the difficulty we had recognising each other while meeting up at game fairs and the like.I think it is one thing to be buying baseball caps and T shirts/polo shirts and totally different for a small badge that can be mounted on favourite items of clothing,a bit less like a uniform.
    Last edited by geordieh; 23-06-2015 at 09:18.

Or what about an increase in the support fee allowing to receive stalking directory merchandise.....

T-shirt, bade, car sticker etc.......

is this a website or a club...if becoming more of an organisation and such, a complete restructure to a BDS type of approach should be considered, otherwise, call me crazy, but it's an online forum and a resource for when you are bored or need answers to something bugging you...