Shmidt and Bender Scopes

Trapman

Can anyone tell me why Hungarian S&B scopes are not as desirable or valuable as the German made S&B ? Is there any difference in standard of manufacture or materials ?

I think it boils down to snobbishness personally. I can't tell any difference between them optically with my eye. I also can't see a company with a reputation like s&b would allow inferior products to carry their name. I think the glass and components are exactly the same as the German ones just made in Hungary where wages are lower

Starting to think that myself but it still effects the 2nd hand value I think. I have had friends tell me not to touch them because of this.

I work in Germany and they are nearly all technical fusspots who always try to do their best.
I spent a lot of time in eastern Europe too and they do not have the same upbringing to be picky so I feel there is a higher chance of second rate quality control product getting through.
There is a tv programme here in Germany called "der sendung mit der maus" it is a kids programme that shows them how all sorts of stuff is made so they are pre programmed from childhood to be curious.
Just my opinion though.
Martin

Cheaper to produce equals lower cost and lower second hand price, cant see where the problems are? German components assembled under German QC with lower Labour costs doesnt equal a sub standard product otherwise Skoda wouldnt be selling cars on Germany!

You can have a BDC turret put on the German scopes, but they won't install them on the Hungarian versions apparently...

Back