Rural Crime Survey - have your say!

White Hart

On the back of Yoda's post and the epidemic that is rural crime here's a link to the Rural Crime Survey:

http://www.nationalruralcrimenetwork.net/

I think this post is a bit short notice as I believe it ends this week but have your say if your interested. The more information they gather will show the true extent of the problem.

Cheers

WH

National Rural Crime Network?

Sounds a bit like a body of people of a like mind are travelling around different locations, perhaps staying in caravans and stealing things. I don't believe that for a minute! :confused:

The National Rural Crime Network membership comprises 28 Police and Crime Commissioners and their Police forces, as well as a range of other organisations with a deep interest in rural affairs and community safety.
Avon and Somerset – Police and Crime Commissioner Sue Mountstevens
Cambridgeshire – Police and Crime Commissioner Sir Graham Bright
Cheshire – Police and Crime Commissioner John Dwyer
Cleveland – Police and Crime Commissioner Barry Coppinger
Country Land and Business Association
Countryside Alliance
Crimestoppers
Cumbria – Police and Crime Commissioner Richard Rhodes
Derbyshire – Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Charles
Devon and Cornwall – Police and Crime Commissioner Tony Hogg
Dorset – Police and Crime Commissioner Martyn Underhill
Durham – Police and Crime Commissioner Ron Hogg
Dyfed-Powys – Police and Crime Commissioner Christopher Salmon
Essex – Police and Crime Commissioner Nick Alstone
Facewatch
Farmers Union of Wales
Farmers Weekly magazine
Gloucestershire – Police and Crime Commissioner Martin Surl
Gwent – Police and Crime Commissioner Ian Johnson
Hertfordshire – Police and Crime Commissioner David Lloyd
Historic England (formerly English Heritage)
Kent – Police and Crime Commissioner Ann Barnes
Lancashire – Police and Crime Commissioner Clive Grunshaw
Leicestershire – Police and Crime Commissioner Sir Clive Loader
Lincolnshire – Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick
National Community Safety Network
National Farmers Union
Neighbourhood Watch
NFU Mutual
North Yorkshire (Chair) – Police and Crime Commissioner Julia Mulligan
Northamptonshire – Police and Crime Commissioner Adam Simmonds
Northumbria – Police and Crime Commissioner Vera Baird
Nottinghamshire – Police and Crime Commissioner Paddy Tipping
Staffordshire – Police and Crime Commissioner Matthew Ellis
Suffolk (Vice-Chair) – Police and Crime Commissioner Tim Passmore
Surrey – Police and Crime Commissioner Kevin Hurley
Thames Valley – Police and Crime Commissioner Anthony Stansfield
Warwickshire – Police and Crime Commissioner Ron Ball
West Mercia – Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner Barrie Sheldon
Wiltshire – Police and Crime Commissioner Angus McPherson

Managed to do it. They said 15 minutes. Took me half an hour. Brain dead at the end.

Call me cynical, but have they made it as such so that folks don't bother?

Well done for persisting, and I'll clear the decks and have a pot of coffee on to do it in the morning!

It does take some getting through i must say! If you have been effected by rural crime it's worth persisting! I have to agree I feel it could have been more user friendly. Hopefully though the results will show the extent of the problem and it will have to be published.

Apart from the local untouchables the main problem is the police being so under resourced. Let's hope it brings some change....

Survey was completed. Surveys are all well and good. The main issue in rural areas is that these are the areas that are hit the most by cuts in police budgets.

From a place not so long ago, when each village would have it's own police officer, we now have police stations not only non-existent in villages, but very much under threat - or already gone in many small towns. The result of this is that it's more than likely that any sort of rural crime that actually gets reported will be investigated (possibly) by an officer whose main work will be policing town estates and Saturday night drunks. Patrols in many rural areas are a fond memory. Speak to people of a certain age in rural areas and they'll tell you who their local police officer was by name. Now you won't hardly get the same one twice.

I have always advocated reporting every crime to the police. So that, however unimportant it may seem, the picture builds up and the police can act on it. However, the police are having to prioritise so much these days that rural issues bear very little importance when compared to the weight of issues the towns and cities have.

This is not really the police's fault. They can only do so much with diminishing resources. However, having a National Rural Crime Network, which will no doubt have important meetings and conduct surveys can only help. Or at least give the impression that it helps!

Urge you all to complete this survey,

As Pedro has posted, austerity measures are having a massive effect on rural policing. If crimes and incidents go unreported then the statistics will show there is "no demand" therefore no reason to have people in the area....

Interesting though as often the crime numbers per capita are quite often higher in rural areas due to lower population density.....

Report everything - damage to fences, suspicious activity, lost livestock, etc etc etc

Back