Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armoury / gunroom

Armoury / gunroom

Anyone constructed their own armoury / gunroom /reloading space ?. interested in any experiences had, contemplating a separate to house (Alarmed), free standing concrete/brick constuction.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

A client of mine has one in his basement - we built a full height block work room with a 4" thick steel door, mesh in the walls / ceiling etc however this affords him the luxury of having a nice gun rack, rather than opening and closing the cabinet! Although he doesn't reload, there's enough room for a full length bench - we put some heating in there as well as free air ventilation.

If if and when I move (likely to be a project) that is top of my list to have an integral or add-on room for storage, reloading, cleaning, mending etc in comfort and peace.

When we constructed his we spoke to one of the Hampshire FEO's (needed a room big enough for guests to store their guns too when staying overnight between shoots). It was a worthwhile discussion, with pointers from RFD guidance paired down to suit a residential situation and lower risk.

Thing is, if you're starting from scratch you can quite easily make it very secure without much outlay at all - the acces door really being the only thing he had to look for / procure. As it's our bag too it's a real labour of love - something to plan and make perfect
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Mine is a large cupboard with a link, but separate code, to the main house alarm. Multipoint locks on the door and a pin coded safe within that. The police were more impressed with the alarm than anything else as it means no-one can access the gun cupboard unless they know the 6 figure code without setting the alarm off.

Have seen them made from converted shipping containers,that looked a good idea....

He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast. Shakespeare, King Lear.

yes in our old home was an old coal/shed brick bunker fitted steel door and fixings window bar's alarm and intruder pad fitted phone line vie red care direct to police at that time ? went off once due phone line fault no one turned up ??lol .
    I now have a new cave aswell as inner safes for holding reloading bullets etc it has outer /inner this cctv calls me if the door or wall is knocked hard or detects movement , belled and bars steel lined door and p.i.r's lights etc , This also has gone off when replacing a dud cell while police were in street not one of them came over to have a look

sorry pix upside down ???

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    yes in our old home was an old coal/shed brick bunker fitted steel door and fixings window bar's alarm and intruder pad fitted phone line vie red care direct to police at that time ? went off once due phone line fault no one turned up ??lol .
    I now have a new cave aswell as inner safes for holding reloading bullets etc it has outer /inner this cctv calls me if the door or wall is knocked hard or detects movement , belled and bars steel lined door and p.i.r's lights etc , This also has gone off when replacing a dud cell while police were in street not one of them came over to have a look

sorry pix upside down ???
    Nice to see you've alphabetised everything
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    Nice to see you've alphabetised everything
    lol word police ?? I did't know I did may be i'am just wired that way or more prob just a fluke

My vet pal in Germany converted a large room in the upper floor of his house but german houses are often built with thick Jtong blockwork and concrete reinforced floor and ceiling so strong anyway as it was mid floor in a 3 story house, he had to fit into a non opening window frame bank teller armoured glass and a reinforced frame, but it looks like a posh hunting trophy room now with all his guns out on show.
    Martin

I have a gunroom in a spare room used to be a dairy so had stone benches on 3 walls double brattonsound gunsafes with cupboard built around them and 2 ammos cupboards with steel doors and frames got a load of used parque flooring from a mate so put that on the stone benches and floor, the windows are screwed shut and lexan is fitted over them solid door with a good lock and alarm system fitted and linked to police
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	58429Click image for larger version. 

Views:	172 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	58429Click image for larger version. 

Views:	120 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	58431Click image for larger version. 

Views:	116 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	58435Click image for larger version. 

Views:	105 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	58436