Thread: Blaser R8 S in the UK?

Blaser R8 S in the UK?

Yep...... another Blaser thread!

Anyone heard anything about the new R8 S model making its way over here?? Supposedly an R8 with a fixed trigger/mag unit. I know its already on sale in the US but would be interested in having a look at one over here.

What does the S stand for ?

Would that be S for stupid by any chance, for those too stupid to be able to take out the trigger/mag unit.

P.S. Not intended as a racist joke.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I handled one at jagd und hund in February, couldn't see the point, might as well have an r93 really, so you get an r8 branded rifle but with the one significant defining feature that separates it from the r93 missing..... Doesn't make much sense to me.....
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    I handled one at jagd und hund in February, couldn't see the point, might as well have an r93 really, so you get an r8 branded rifle but with the one significant defining feature that separates it from the r93 missing..... Doesn't make much sense to me.....
    With the exception that you're buying a current model. Thus new barrels, new accessories and guaranteed continued support.

They won't be pulling component parts for R93's for donkeys years yet, there are far too many out there r for them to not support those customers, a friend of mine has this in writing from Blaser, for the sake of a couple of hundred quid more I wouldn't question getting the magazine version..
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    P.S. Not intended as a racist joke.
    i didn't realise that blaser owners were now counted as a separate race.

I don't know if they are a separate race but they are certainly a race apart, with very thick skins and broad shoulders.

It was our American cousins that I was afraid of upsetting as southernfairy mentioned that the rifle was available in the U.S. already
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I'm not sure why they are bring out a fixed mag model as there is a button for this on the existing r8.

atb Tim

Blaser are strategically trying to enter the US market place at the moment so are offering rifles at different price points with immediate availability. For instance at the moment you can buy the R8 professional in the calibre and orientation of your choice with the mount a zeiss variable mag conquest a fitted pelican hard case and a sling for $4000. Got to admit it has tempted me to join the dark side.

we are definatly a breed apart, to many the master race, lol i prefer to consider us as enlightened!
    the R8s to me is just another atempt to deviate slightly with no significant engeneering gain over the R93 but giving the opertunity to encourage the les secure of us to part with some cash.
    personally i have always thought " if it aint broke dont fix it" so ill stick with my R93's & prob buy another 1.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    I don't know if they are a separate race but they are certainly a race apart, with very thick skins and broad shoulders.

It was our American cousins that I was afraid of upsetting as southernfairy mentioned that the rifle was available in the U.S. already
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!