Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving house

Moving house

Evening,

Hope to be moving soon still within the same locality but other than informing the Police of change of address I have no idea of the protocol. Any advice would be welcome as have a lot of guns to move.

I can put shotguns in mates cabinets pre move but the rifles need to come with me day one. Do the Police inspect the new property, security etc and what does informing them with out undue delay mean as can do that when I get completion date. Does the ticket need to go back to them?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Will.

Quote Originally Posted by wcog106 View Post
    Evening,

Hope to be moving soon still within the same locality but other than informing the Police of change of address I have no idea of the protocol. Any advice would be welcome as have a lot of guns to move.

I can put shotguns in mates cabinets pre move but the rifles need to come with me day one. Do the Police inspect the new property, security etc and what does informing them with out undue delay mean as can do that when I get completion date. Does the ticket need to go back to them?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Will.
    Will,

You already know what the local plod like. Just do the move and install your new cabinet no worse than your current. You then inform of the move. Job done and both parties will be happy.

That's what the basic requirement is. Don't dig a hole just because you have a shovel

Stan

spot on stan thats what ive done in the past
    cheers tom

I just sent them an e mail after I had installed the cabinets with details of new address.
    They made an appointment to have a look and all was well

I'm moving in two days ...
    I phoned them let them know , told to move then tell them when Cabinet & guns moved , they come round quick gander , then if ok tickets in for address change

Fingers crossed it's that easy

Paul

Its your responsibility, just do it, keep them safe then inform them.

Move, install your cabinets, lock up your guns then inform your FLD of your new address, thats all you need to do.

Ian.

Thanks for the advice, the last time I moved was a quarter of a century ago hence the enquiry.

Not so in my area
    I moved three months ago Prior to the move I contacted the Police ( West Mercia) and they asked me to fill in an online form giving them the details
    I asked if they needed to come round to see the safe but they told me they didn't need to, although they asked lots of questions over the phone about where it was sighted and how it was fixed
    Subsequently they sent my ticket back to a neighbour who,by chance, has the same name - but that's another story
    ED

Dorset are good.. Inform them after move with cabinet securely fixed and rifles secure. They pop round with new address sticker and all is done..

Having a pop at the housing market ive moved three times in last 2 years and no problems atall..
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...