Moving house

Brno2e

Evening,

Hope to be moving soon still within the same locality but other than informing the Police of change of address I have no idea of the protocol. Any advice would be welcome as have a lot of guns to move.

I can put shotguns in mates cabinets pre move but the rifles need to come with me day one. Do the Police inspect the new property, security etc and what does informing them with out undue delay mean as can do that when I get completion date. Does the ticket need to go back to them?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Will.

Evening,

Hope to be moving soon still within the same locality but other than informing the Police of change of address I have no idea of the protocol. Any advice would be welcome as have a lot of guns to move.

I can put shotguns in mates cabinets pre move but the rifles need to come with me day one. Do the Police inspect the new property, security etc and what does informing them with out undue delay mean as can do that when I get completion date. Does the ticket need to go back to them?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Will.

Will,

You already know what the local plod like. Just do the move and install your new cabinet no worse than your current. You then inform of the move. Job done and both parties will be happy.

That's what the basic requirement is. Don't dig a hole just because you have a shovel ;)

Stan

I just sent them an e mail after I had installed the cabinets with details of new address.
They made an appointment to have a look and all was well

I'm moving in two days ...
I phoned them let them know , told to move then tell them when Cabinet & guns moved , they come round quick gander , then if ok tickets in for address change

Fingers crossed it's that easy

Paul

Not so in my area
I moved three months ago Prior to the move I contacted the Police ( West Mercia) and they asked me to fill in an online form giving them the details
I asked if they needed to come round to see the safe but they told me they didn't need to, although they asked lots of questions over the phone about where it was sighted and how it was fixed
Subsequently they sent my ticket back to a neighbour who,by chance, has the same name - but that's another story
ED

Dorset are good.. Inform them after move with cabinet securely fixed and rifles secure. They pop round with new address sticker and all is done..

Having a pop at the housing market ive moved three times in last 2 years and no problems atall..

I'm moving in two days ...
I phoned them let them know , told to move then tell them when Cabinet & guns moved , they come round quick gander , then if ok tickets in for address change

Fingers crossed it's that easy

Paul

We don't even get the quick gander any more, in Norfolk I just email them to tell them of change of address and that's it. Next visit is renewal!

Whitebeard's and all the others advice is the way I did it. No-one has, so far, called. I am likely to move again soon to a new police area - I will follow the same procedure but it will obviously involve a re-issue and all the questions about need. Luckily I will have some of my own land which is suitable so just the 'roving' .308 to resolve.

No not necessarily so Kes. All you are required to do is to inform the Chief Constable who issued your certificate of your change of address. Have a look on the BASC website as they have previously issued information on this very subject.

Kes dont be pushed into surrendering your ticket for a re-issue as you put it, its your property you have paid for it and it is valid untill its expiry date no matter where you move to.

Ian.

Literally just been through this, informed Essex constabulary 2 weeks ago, moved on Monday to north Yorkshire, spoke to n yorks today only to find out Essex had not transferred my file. Lovely lass at newby whisk said to email her and she will chase Essex. Asked for appointment for feo to come round and was told it wouldn't be necessary unless I really wanted one. Can't thank north yorks enough for their service. simples.

Dom

Yorkshire has a reputation for being sensible, fair and quick. They are amongst the best licensing forces.

Well I moved 28th of June ,
Cabinets in etc straight away, informed firearms dept.
Still not a peep or anything to come check !

Paul

Back