bolt problem

TeddyW86

i was just cleaning my sako AII forester and all of my other guns for that matter and i was fiddling about with the bolt unitentionally whilst i was watching telly looking for something or something and i must have twisted the back of the bolt round to where it locks in with the rest of it (if it was in the gun it would be closed) and the pin fired. i can't get it back/recock it and it wont fit back into my rifle. :( please help.

You will need the aid of something like a wooden fence post, hold the bolt with both hands & draw downwards against the rear locking lug, this will re-cock your bolt.

hi , wrap the breech end in a wrag , then crimp it in a vice and then twist the handle end as if you were going to unload the rife and it should uncocks itself ! it might be easy or it could be quite tight but ** i hold no responceabilty for you damaging you bolt **

ive got a tikka and done it several times !

cheers lee

just done it cheers, wasn't too hard. none of this gunbench or vice or crimping bo**ocks ;) my favourite fence post did the trick :D cheers for the help both of you :D

Sako now provide a handy bolt cocker 'thing' with new rifles. Makes recocking the bolt a lot easier! :D

Alex

Bolt Cocker 001 (Large).JPG Bolt Cocker 002 (Large).JPG

Will it work on any Sako bolt, can you buy it separate, lost count of the times I have done it to mine, not always a fence post handy

I'm not sure whether you can get it separately to be honest, maybe a question for GMK? It works on both by Sako 85's, not tried it on other models.

Alex

With leather gloves on I find it relatively easy to recock the bolt of the L579s and AIIs. When I remove the bolt I sometimes decock for security anyway. Finnbears are tougher to turn by hand.
Best, C

With leather gloves on I find it relatively easy to recock the bolt of the L579s and AIIs. When I remove the bolt I sometimes decock for security anyway. Finnbears are tougher to turn by hand.
Best, C

Thanks I have done it by hand, but found it a bit of a struggle, if I could not find something to lever against

Leather gloves make all the difference. You just get that extra purchase, grip and cushioning. Otherwise it is a real pain! Best, C

Will it work on any Sako bolt, can you buy it separate, lost count of the times I have done it to mine, not always a fence post handy

I also got a handy bolt-cocker :eek: when I bought my sako 75. Not quite as flash as the 86 one that Alex showed, but it still does the job!

willie_gunn

Back