Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bolt problem

bolt problem

i was just cleaning my sako AII forester and all of my other guns for that matter and i was fiddling about with the bolt unitentionally whilst i was watching telly looking for something or something and i must have twisted the back of the bolt round to where it locks in with the rest of it (if it was in the gun it would be closed) and the pin fired. i can't get it back/recock it and it wont fit back into my rifle. please help.
    save an animal, eat a vegitarian.

You will need the aid of something like a wooden fence post, hold the bolt with both hands & draw downwards against the rear locking lug, this will re-cock your bolt.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

cheers mate ill go and have a go now.

I omitted to say that you will need to rotate the bolt body slightly as you draw down.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

actually where do i find this lug, at the back or front of the bolt?

It's the straight rib bit under the rear end , nearest your shoulder when located in the rifles action.

hi , wrap the breech end in a wrag , then crimp it in a vice and then twist the handle end as if you were going to unload the rife and it should uncocks itself ! it might be easy or it could be quite tight but ** i hold no responceabilty for you damaging you bolt **

ive got a tikka and done it several times !

cheers lee

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

just done it cheers, wasn't too hard. none of this gunbench or vice or crimping bo**ocks my favourite fence post did the trick cheers for the help both of you

Teddy, think yourself lucky you don't have to do the fencepost thing on my Finnbear bolt!, a real Bas***d!

Sako now provide a handy bolt cocker 'thing' with new rifles. Makes recocking the bolt a lot easier!

Alex

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bolt Cocker 001 (Large).JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	793 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bolt Cocker 002 (Large).JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	792