Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beartooth comb raiser,anyone use one

Beartooth comb raiser,anyone use one

I find the butt on my Tikka a little narrow and low,was thinking of trying a Beartooth comb raiser,it's stainless/synthetic,so would t look out of place,but before I buy has anyone any experience with them,or indeed is there a better alternative. I sometimes find myself hovering slightly over the butt,rather than having a consistent cheek weld. Thanks

I use this type or from Blackhawk, I do have one of the first pic going for sale if you wish I can send you it foc see how you get on with it ? just lace it tight

Quote Originally Posted by Woodlander View Post
    I find the butt on my Tikka a little narrow and low,was thinking of trying a Beartooth comb raiser,it's stainless/synthetic,so would t look out of place,but before I buy has anyone any experience with them,or indeed is there a better alternative. I sometimes find myself hovering slightly over the butt,rather than having a consistent cheek weld. Thanks
    Had one on 7 mm was ok but bought the voodoo tactical cheek piece much better piece of kit the beartooth one always slipped
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Beartooth are fine, and I like mine lots.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

I use one and does the job perfect

I've just bought one of these http://www.thlr.no/lr-projects-produ...fle-cheek-rest for my T3

from http://vertebrae.no/blaser/thlr-cheek-rest.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150620_003[1].jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	58519Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150620_004[1].jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	317.7 KB 
ID:	58520

It works well and cost 36 posted from Norway. Bullet pouch to fit onto the velcro is 5 extra.

One can add extra foam if extra height/width is needed.
    Last edited by takbok; 25-06-2015 at 15:44.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    I use this type or from Blackhawk, I do have one of the first pic going for sale if you wish I can send you it foc see how you get on with it ? just lace it tight

Ive just bought a bear tooth one it was 26 delivered ( it's going on e bay as its brand new), don't bother pal, buy something like paul o is offering. The bear tooth does the job but for 26 I ain't impressed , you could make one for much cheaper yourself,

paul o if the op don't want it send me a PM I'll take it off your hands lol

atb

kjf

ok boss keep ya eyes out for a no tar and its yours they are only 15 so it not worth charging for it FOC drop a few in the h4h next time you see one would be anough mty.
    just pm me if he do's not wish it feller.

Thanks Paul for your very kind offer mate. I'll probably regret it,but if kjf wants it,let him have it. I was looking for something slip on and simple. I'll see how much kjf wants for his and give that a try. Once again,cheers for the offer.

Bought a Beartooth last week from Amazon UK to sort out my CZ527. It comes with 4 neoprene type pads of varying thicknesses and as the distance required was quite large for me used the thickest two. Its raised my sight alighnment by approx 25mm and now cheekweld is solid and natural. V pleased so far.

Deano