Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Evening...

Evening...

I'm Mark
    Last edited by @Wildlife_Mgr; 29-06-2015 at 16:03. Reason: My original post 'allegedly' breached the rules...

Welcome mark, lots of great guys on here, sure you will find it great fun and very informative.

Dom
    "Eagles may soar, but, Weasels don't get sucked in to jet engines" Anon

Good to see you on here mate plenty to seive through here chap
    regards
    doug

Welcome,

Rory

Cheers for the welcome!

hi and welcome to sd all the very best.

Wellcome to the site,atb doug,
    DONT START

Welcome to the site, nice intro you even managed a plug for your business and your sign in name is your contact details, no more of it please or you will need trade membership I would also be grateful if you would change your username. I am not being awkward I am being fair, it is the trade membership subscriptions that pay for the running of the site and for us to allow any form of advertising other than by trade members is not being fair to them.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi John,

Thanks for the welcome, although I'm not sure where I...

"even managed a plug for your business"

If it was this line...

"I do offer deer control through my business but I employ a stalker to carry out any such tasks."

Then you've taken the above out of context. That is not a plug for my business, it's simply part of my introduction to the site and part of a valid reason as to why I joined in the first place. If you read the said line with the following sentence...

"That said, stalking is something I'm wanting to get into so I'm looking at the various calibres at the minute."

It shows it's not a plug but a genuine part of the introduction.

You also state...

"your sign in name is your contact details"

I'm not entirely sure how you worked that out? My username provides no contact details whatsoever...

As for your request...

"I would also be grateful if you would change your username."

It's not going to happen. I've not done anything to break any rules, I've given an introduction in this section, as the rules state. I've not tendered for business nor have I given any contact details. As a result, I don't feel I've done anything wrong.

Where you state...

"I am not being awkward I am being fair,"

I don't think for one second you're being awkward, equally though I don't think you're being fair. I do however feel you're being a little pedantic.

That is all very nicely laid out and well written, however "I'm Mark, a wildlife manager at Yorkshire Wildlife Management" seems to me to make it easy to find you. If you just wanted to get into deer stalking you could have stated that without the necessity of mentioning your business .

I stand by my original post and would ask you to change your user name, I am being fair and I can assure you that I am not being pedantic. It is an almost daily task for us to bat off some kind of covert advertising, it is time consuming, tedious and is going to stop as we have adopted a policy of zero tolerance toward offenders.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses