Thread: Dsc level 1 Hertfordshire 19th-20th Sept

Dsc level 1 Hertfordshire 19th-20th Sept

DSc 1 in Hertfordshire September
    Dates for the course are
    19th-20th September

Due to the the success of our August and May courses + demand we have decided to run another.
    Our figures for 1st time pass stand at 100% on our patch in Essex and Hertfordshire, adding to the success of a great team and great venues.
    Please feel free to contact for advice and further information.
    Please read feedback from previous course.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...sed-dsc1-today

All candidates receive our free pre-course materials well in advance of the course that includes deer ID and revision booklets , the new interactive cd can be purchased at time of booking or by contacting Paul at Fecham,also there is free use of the estate rifle included for all candidates if required ammo is charged at cost. Our course is perfect for the novice stalker or those just getting into deer stalking who have yet to get their rifle or FAC.
    Deer stalking will be available throughout the weekend but places are limited.

On site accommodation and rifle storage facilities are available for those travelling. Drop me a pm if interested

Price 280

We can also offer on request;
    level 2 Aw services
    First aid levels 1-3
    Quad /Atv
    4x4
    Manual handling
    Health and Safety
    Towing
    amongst others , all course can be run on a 1-1 or group please enquire by pm for details.
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Regular Poster
    Can highly recommend this course... especially the food!

There should be a chance to go on a paid stalk over the weekend too but best to book early

Quote Originally Posted by spandit View Post
    Can highly recommend this course... especially the food!

There should be a chance to go on a paid stalk over the weekend too but best to book early

Me too, Pierre and the team are spot on, fresh venison delights are given to you at chow time,

and the tbanter is great, they are a good set of blokes,

plenty of of deer about too, I know I grassed 2 lol

atb

kjf

Quote Originally Posted by Kjf View Post
    Me too, Pierre and the team are spot on, fresh venison delights are given to you at chow time,

and the tbanter is great, they are a good set of blokes,

plenty of of deer about too, I know I grassed 2 lol

atb

kjf
    +1

If there is any doubt about joining this course, read this!

I phoned Pierre when the last course was publicised explaining to him my desire for many months to do the DSC1 course, and my confidence issues relating to the fact I am a lone Air Rifle shooter. - it's a lonely sport for me!

I live a reasonable distance south of the Hertfordshire farm where the course is run from, and I was unsure I would pass the course as it's been 20 years since my last time in a studying arena.

I was up for the studying, as a bit of quiet reading is easy! It was the practical shooting I was most concerned with having never shot above a .22 rim fire before, and hearing seasoned shooters have struggled with the shooting practical.

Pierre assured me I would be fine and after a brief telephone conversation, to cement the deal he invited me up for a pre course shoot on one of his perms, without charge.

needless to say after a bit of a chat, and with all his patience it became obvious the practical shooting I was there to do was not going to be an issue with the free use of their own personal rifles.

Arriving for the course and not knowing anybody there, I was instantly made to feel welcome, and in the first hour of arrival, I knew the names of the Range Official, The course tutor, the Chef the helpers and a few of my fellow students

Due to living too far away to commute, accommodation was laid on for me (5 night) it was very simple accommodation but perfectly fine for the purpose.

Paul, was truly an ideal classroom instructor! He had an ability to to educate all 14 candidates of varying ages, backgrounds, and experience whilst keeping it all fast paced and interesting!

Food provided was of a very high standard, and I can strongly recommend the curried Venison and the English breakfast.

As much Tea and Coffee as you wanted was available throughout the Weekend, and a slice or two of cake, All without charge.

The learning was methodical and structured, and came to me easily in spite of the fact that I never got more than a glance of the study notes that I received in the post when I confirmed my booking.

Some of my fellow students partook in evening stalks on both the Friday and Saturday evening and all appeared be successfull.

Being a bit knieve I never appreciated actual stalking was on offer in the evenings for a small surcharge.

Sadly I missed the opportunity to book an evening stalk, but Pierre freely offered to take me out the following morning even though him and I were only going to get three or four hours kip.

what an experience! Sitting in the high seat watching the sun come up! A Fox was the first to be seen, followed with Rabbits, Two Munty,s and more Deer than I could Shake a stick at, although I am sure it's not always like that.

Front row seat for me in the Courtyard back at the farm for the impromptu 'not part of the course' Garrolock.

Very educational providing instruction on how to prep your quarry for the table and where to start.

Suffice to say I passed the course, as did everyone else to my knowledge!

i can't recommend this course, with this team of people highly enough! and it is all about the people!

Half the team travel down from Scotland to provide their services for this course. Pierre has hand picked the best of the best?

if your thinking of doing the DSC course, stop thinking about it, and get your self booked in, before all spaces are taken.

Darren.

Pierre, thanks for the introduction to the Swillington Boys!
    Bino,s ordered, - Bino,s arrived! - Bank Empty, - but I appreciate the discount applied! -And you are right, they are truly Awesome!

Student KJF! - thanks for all the entertainment, kept it all light and real!

What write up will now as one of the lads off my coarse to do the same . (NO CHANCE OF THAT)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren82744 View Post
    If there is any doubt about joining this course, read this!

I phoned Pierre when the last course was publicised explaining to him my desire for many months to do the DSC1 course, and my confidence issues relating to the fact I am a lone Air Rifle shooter. - it's a lonely sport for me!

I live a reasonable distance south of the Hertfordshire farm where the course is run from, and I was unsure I would pass the course as it's been 20 years since my last time in a studying arena.

I was up for the studying, as a bit of quiet reading is easy! It was the practical shooting I was most concerned with having never shot above a .22 rim fire before, and hearing seasoned shooters have struggled with the shooting practical.

Pierre assured me I would be fine and after a brief telephone conversation, to cement the deal he invited me up for a pre course shoot on one of his perms, without charge.

needless to say after a bit of a chat, and with all his patience it became obvious the practical shooting I was there to do was not going to be an issue with the free use of their own personal rifles.

Arriving for the course and not knowing anybody there, I was instantly made to feel welcome, and in the first hour of arrival, I knew the names of the Range Official, The course tutor, the Chef the helpers and a few of my fellow students

Due to living too far away to commute, accommodation was laid on for me (5 night) it was very simple accommodation but perfectly fine for the purpose.

Paul, was truly an ideal classroom instructor! He had an ability to to educate all 14 candidates of varying ages, backgrounds, and experience whilst keeping it all fast paced and interesting!

Food provided was of a very high standard, and I can strongly recommend the curried Venison and the English breakfast.

As much Tea and Coffee as you wanted was available throughout the Weekend, and a slice or two of cake, All without charge.

The learning was methodical and structured, and came to me easily in spite of the fact that I never got more than a glance of the study notes that I received in the post when I confirmed my booking.

Some of my fellow students partook in evening stalks on both the Friday and Saturday evening and all appeared be successfull.

Being a bit knieve I never appreciated actual stalking was on offer in the evenings for a small surcharge.

Sadly I missed the opportunity to book an evening stalk, but Pierre freely offered to take me out the following morning even though him and I were only going to get three or four hours kip.

what an experience! Sitting in the high seat watching the sun come up! A Fox was the first to be seen, followed with Rabbits, Two Munty,s and more Deer than I could Shake a stick at, although I am sure it's not always like that.

Front row seat for me in the Courtyard back at the farm for the impromptu 'not part of the course' Garrolock.

Very educational providing instruction on how to prep your quarry for the table and where to start.

Suffice to say I passed the course, as did everyone else to my knowledge!

i can't recommend this course, with this team of people highly enough! and it is all about the people!

Half the team travel down from Scotland to provide their services for this course. Pierre has hand picked the best of the best?

if your thinking of doing the DSC course, stop thinking about it, and get your self booked in, before all spaces are taken.

Darren.

Pierre, thanks for the introduction to the Swillington Boys!
    Bino,s ordered, - Bino,s arrived! - Bank Empty, - but I appreciate the discount applied! -And you are right, they are truly Awesome!

Student KJF! - thanks for all the entertainment, kept it all light and real!
    no problem mate it was good to meet/chat to you,( the snoring i could have done without though lol)

the less said about the shark attack munty the better lol,

great banter and great lads

atb

kjf

Still a few places left chaps.
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Still a few places left chaps.