Thread: photon

photon

Does anyone use a Photon on a centerfire, of what iv read they are mainly used on rimfires, just wondering if they would be ok on smaller centre fire for foxing, cheers

I have used one on a 17 rem and a 22/250 for foxing out to 200 yards. Quality of image is dependant on IR source but work fine. Good value for money but not the most robust and nowhere near as good as a drone pro

Good morning, I use 1 on my .223, does the business with the foxes up to about 200yds. I use a NM800 with it and makes a big difference to the quality of the picture, I've also added the doubler as well. For the distance you can use them to they take beating for the price they are selling at.

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE View Post
    Good morning, I use 1 on my .223, does the business with the foxes up to about 200yds. I use a NM800 with it and makes a big difference to the quality of the picture, I've also added the doubler as well. For the distance you can use them to they take beating for the price they are selling at.
    +1 use it on a 223 with no issues. With a doubler easy shot to 200 yds

BE

I have just bought one second hand for this very reason, however I would like to fit a doubled could anybody recommend where to buy one plus the adapter from?
    rgds
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    I have just bought one second hand for this very reason, however I would like to fit a doubled could anybody recommend where to buy one plus the adapter from?
    rgds
    Craig
    Good evening, I got mine from Scott Country, good prompt service from them. It does make a difference having it fitted.

I have used an old Photon Model on a .243 without any problems and Good Success as well, i changed all my mounts to Quick Release and have it marked down for adjustments on .177 air rifle, .17hmr . 22 rimfire and .243 without any problems (if i lose my paperwork am gubbed, need to really get it down on the computer)
    I Purchased from Scott Country as well and excellent service from them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE View Post
    Good evening, I got mine from Scott Country, good prompt service from them. It does make a difference having it fitted.
    I think ScottCountry are advising that the photon warranty will be invalidated if a doubler has been fitted. I wanted one of theirs, but got one from Portugal, not fitted it yet.

I use one with doubler and ir800 very effective piece of kit for the money.