Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BDS moved over to Dominic Griffiths from CIC for measuring ?

BDS moved over to Dominic Griffiths from CIC for measuring ?

Any truth in the rumour that the British Deer Society are changing allegiance from CIC to Dominic Griffith ?
    I hope not. CIC are the internationally recognised body for trophy measuring. I have seen polls that show 90% of British hunters would use CIC over BASC/ Sporting Rifle.

Anson,
    According to this months Sporting Rifle, they have. There is a piece in Peter Carrs editorial about it.

Yes this is true, I spoke to Dominic Griffiths last week when I took four very nice roe heads for him to measure,
    the BDS are joining forces with BASC's measuring team to be one.
    yes they won't be internationally recognised but does that matter, for me and many others "no"

Dominic Griffiths has been measuring heads for me for many years well before he swapped to start BASC's System and his measuring has always been to the same high standard, good luck to him and his team

I guess people will vote with there feet.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Why use a somebody who is not internationally recognised when the genuine C.I.C. people are available ?
    Stuff the rest and use the best !

HWH.

Trouble is HWH,
    they let the best go....!

140000+ members between the two organisations won't worry about other things outside the UK there standards are just as good and probably better as they have mored forward into the 21st century with there measuring...
    Last edited by cookingfat; 27-06-2015 at 22:14.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

I had issue with cic at scone few years ago the way we were treated was out of order, I complained but I heard a lot of others voicing same.
    I spoke to someone told them what I felt & had a good conversation with the gent .

I can understand if you were treated as I felt , you would go elsewhere .
    I have used Cic since via bushwear in Perth & received an exemplary service

I like to note my experience was nothing to do with Politics between either camps , I know bugger all bout that tbh.

Paul

I will always use the standard that is measured and accepted world wide were possible. DG measured a few of my Roe and I am sure he did a good job.But he left and went to a one man Band so I get TDW team to do mine.
    CF moving forward in my opinion is not the correct way keeping to a strict robust standard is the only way to measure .
    My opinion is CIC should have ask DG back on to the team.

For those of us with European clients , it has to be CIC there is no point in anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    I had issue with cic at scone few years ago the way we were treated was out of order, I complained but I heard a lot of others voicing same.
    I spoke to someone told them what I felt & had a good conversation with the gent .

I can understand if you were treated as I felt , you would go elsewhere .
    I have used Cic since via bushwear in Perth & received an exemplary service

I like to note my experience was nothing to do with Politics between either camps , I know bugger all bout that tbh.

Paul
    what was the bad experience mate?

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    For those of us with European clients , it has to be CIC there is no point in anything else.
    Exactly