Thread: Petrol Brushcutter

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

Petrol Brushcutter

Just wondering if anyone out there has a petrol brushcutter going spare or sitting in a shed gathering dust? Looking for one with a blade rather than the strimmer cable and ideally with the 'cow horn' type handle.

We have some shoot work parties coming up and there's brush to be cut

Anything within reasonable striking distance of Swindon/Oxford/Cheltenham/Reading considered.

willie_gunn

Hi Willie

What about here. http://www.northerntooluk.com/search...m=brush+cutter. You can get a 43cc brush cutter and a grass strimmer for 150 + vat. not a bad offer

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    provider

Thanks for that. Funnily enough I was looking through the Northern Tool catalog this morning. I saw that offer but already have two grass strimmers so can't quite figure out how I'd use a third I did think of giving them a call and seeing if they could just do a deal on the brushcutter.

Also, in the interests of recycling I'd sort of like to use one that someone else doesn't need, if that makes any sense?

Thanks again

willie_gunn

Willie, if you end up buying new have a look at the Echo range. I used to be a power tool snob and thought that the only chainsaws were Husqvanas and the only Strimmers/Brushcutters were Stihls but I inherited a few Echo tools in a previous job and found them to be excellent. JC