Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Threading etc

Threading etc

Hi All.
    I wish to have some work done for or on my rifles and for reasons of my own I dont want it done localy.
    I travel down to Orford in Suffolk at least twice a year, but I wont be down till the new year and would prefer the work done before I go to Europe in December.
    I did think of Jager SA on here, but as I say not down that way until its to late.
    Cutting a long story short, I am now feeling the effects of recoil due to serious opperations, arthritis and age! and I need the work doing.
    Well I have the following that I would like.
    2 rifles threaded, Bruno 243 [still has end sight] used for a lot of stalking and a BSA 7x64 that I wish to use in Europe.
    I would like LIGHT suppressors for the 243, 7x64 and a Howa 308 stainless sporter Ive just bought already threaded [again mainly for europe].
    Also I would like muzzle brakes for the 7x64 and 308.
    I want the muzzle breaks for use abroad, but will use the cans here for practice, hence the reason for lightness.
    I am heading for North Yorks in August, if anyone has any suggestions on somewhere I can get this work done whilst Im down, please let me know.

There is a man on here who lives in Inverness. He does lots of threading work for the gun trade up here.
    If you buy your moderators & muzzle brakes he could do all the threading / timing for you.

Ian

Why not visit Continental @ Dalry whilst traveling?, had some nice work carried out there. Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    There is a man on here who lives in Inverness. He does lots of threading work for the gun trade up here.
    If you buy your moderators & muzzle brakes he could do all the threading / timing for you.

Ian
    Hi, who does this work in inverness as thats only a couple of hours each way.
    Because I am not an rfd, I am in the same boat as everyone and cannot buy a sound mod direct from makers or shop by post, I have to go through RFD.
    Because Iam so remote, so to speek, I have had slots not filled on my ticket for nearly 5 years as I simply dont have the time when I come down, gunsmith normaly quote 2-3 weeks for the work etc etc.

Thanks but I beleve thats Ayrshire, some 300+ miles from me and not on my usual routes

Quote Originally Posted by levigsp View Post
    Hi, who does this work in inverness as thats only a couple of hours each way.
    Because I am not an rfd, I am in the same boat as everyone and cannot buy a sound mod direct from makers or shop by post, I have to go through RFD.
    Because Iam so remote, so to speek, I have had slots not filled on my ticket for nearly 5 years as I simply dont have the time when I come down, gunsmith normaly quote 2-3 weeks for the work etc etc.
    Levigsp -- PM imminent.

You could buy a moderator from Gregor at Tain. Dunno about muzzle brakes & the law but there are plenty of RFDs up here that could accept delivery for you.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Levigsp -- PM imminent.

You could buy a moderator from Gregor at Tain. Dunno about muzzle brakes & the law but there are plenty of RFDs up here that could accept delivery for you.

Ian
    Thank you for that Ian.
    I know Gregor, I used to shoot with him in the distant past, novar estate, so I will give him a shout.
    I refrain from using my local rfds for various reasons, but one of them is this, they refuse to accept second hand mods [they are liable for them??] and add so much to accept stuff it makes the cost riddiculas.
    Frank

Hi all, I now have a couple of options so hopefully I will be sorted one way or another.

Muzzle brakes can be posted.

If I were you, I'd look closely at the Third eye tactical moderators, they fit to a muzzle brake, so you can have the best of both worlds, a good brake, and a mod to fit the brake so you don't have to remove the brake to fit the mod, lightweight and very effective. I use one mod on all my rifles bar the rimfire, from .222 to .338 and it works well.

Tier One | Home Page

250 including one brake, just add extra brakes as needed
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

simon at the borders gun room in the scottish borders done my BRNO infact he has done all my rifles .......
    .22lr, .22lr .222, .223, .243, .270, .308 , 12g fac, 12g, 12g, 12g, 12g
    and still growing.....