Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: medal quality goats?

medal quality goats?

Just wondering roughly how much would a days goat hunting cost to include a trophy(silver/gold)
    Any ideas guys

Call me stupid but if I wanted to know the answer to that question I would simple PM someone who guides on Goats. Solway perhaps? Why risk a range of guesstimates?
    Baguio

If i could find a trophy for you 250
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    Call me stupid but if I wanted to know the answer to that question I would simple PM someone who guides on Goats. Solway perhaps? Why risk a range of guesstimates?
    Baguio
    Stupid,
    Because Iv never done a guided hunt and I didnt know who to ask.so by asking the question I was hoping guys who have either paid for a hunt or guys that guide might chime in so I could have a rough figure in my head as to what to expect.

Solway, thanks for that , Im planning on going over later this year (work depending) so Im just trying to work out a budget.I may pm you later.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenmongoose View Post
    Stupid,
    Because Iv never done a guided hunt and I didnt know who to ask.so by asking the question I was hoping guys who have either paid for a hunt or guys that guide might chime in so I could have a rough figure in my head as to what to expect.
    No need to wait for people to 'chime in' is there hiddenmongoose? There is a whole section on this forum titled Stalking, Training & Other Sporting Opportunities you never know but someone may even be advertising just what you're after? Perish the thought eh? Come on fella, I was trying to help you out. I don't think there was any need to actually call me stupid do you? I think you may have just trodden on a rubber duck?

PS, neither have I done a guided stalk!
    Last edited by baguio; 28-06-2015 at 21:06.

No need to wait for people to 'chime in' is there hiddenmongoose? There is a whole section on this forum titled Stalking, Training & Other Sporting Opportunities you never know but someone may even be advertising just what you're after? Perish the thought eh? Come on fella, I was trying to help you out. I don't think there was any need to actually call me stupid do you? I think you may have just trodden on a rubber duck?

PS, neither have I done a guided stalk!
    you did say call me stupid baugio.....

why not not ask what's out there rather than go to just what everyone else knows there may be a new outfitter out there offering an amazing deal although heard good things about solwaystalker.

its a forum if it was frowned upon to ask the obvious we'd never have which first calibre or which make of 308 type questions being asked.

good luck with your quest hidden mongoose

Quote Originally Posted by stalker.308 View Post
    you did say call me stupid baugio.....

why not not ask what's out there rather than go to just what everyone else knows there may be a new outfitter out there offering an amazing deal although heard good things about solwaystalker.

its a forum if it was frowned upon to ask the obvious we'd never have which first calibre or which make of 308 type questions being asked.

good luck with your quest hidden mongoose
    It's a figure of speech stalker.308 as you well know. Rest assured, I will not be trying to help out the OP again even if I were to know of an amazing deal. I was always told to NEVER burn your bridges. Perish the though that this forum should be without another thousand threads titled 'Which first calibre' or the like! There is an 'advanced search' for regularly asked questions after all.
    Baguio

So which estates are actually managing these for trophy quality (not behind fences)?

It's a figure of speech stalker.308 as you well know. Rest assured, I will not be trying to help out the OP again even if I were to know of an amazing deal. I was always told to NEVER burn your bridges. Perish the though that this forum should be without another thousand threads titled 'Which first calibre' or the like! There is an 'advanced search' for regularly asked questions after all.
    Baguio

I posted my question for the simple reason ,
    Im in the military and for the past 21 weeks Iv been stationed away from home without internet working a 90 hour 5 day week,returning home late on a friday night to go back on a sunday evening.I spend the weekend catching up with the wife and son and trying to keep on top of jobs at home,Iv little time these past weeks for being on forums .
    I did a search and did see some guides offering goats, but instead of pm'ing each of them I said id post a question and see what others had paid in the past ,giving me an overall idea of cost as this is all I need at the moment to plan a budget.
    Your post contained no help or usefull info and yet you seem suprised when you got a confrontational reply(what did you expect in all honesty!)

To all the others that helped and pm'd me thank you.

Your outing on goats would be 120 , any billie over 22inches is classed as a trophy on our patch and has a fee of another 120
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision