Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swaro Scope for Rimfire

Swaro Scope for Rimfire

Hello Gents,

Can anybody suggest a Swaro scope with has 50m Parallax or adjustable parallax, and around 4-12x40 mag?

Current or old models. With BRX type reticle.

Want to upgrade my Bushnell Elite 6500 with Swarovski or similar spec scopes.

So will work beautifully on a rimfire but could easily be used on a smaller centrefire if required.

If you have one, I could take it off your hands....hint ...hint.

most CF scopes are parallaxed from factory at 100m

you would need to either have it re-parallaxed or get one with adjustable parallax there are lots

Optimised handling - SWAROVSKI OPTIK Z6 2nd Generation

The Swaro models with adjustable parallax range from 50 to 500 I think. Used a Z5 on a CZ452 .22LR yesterday belonging to a friend shooting rabbits at anything between 40 and 125 metres. My Z6 has the same range of adjustment, 50 -500.

+1 Z6i Epic kit; fantastic light acuity and low lamp conditions. No issue transferring to CF when you graduate to that as well.

Deep pockets needed

TOMSK

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burris-e1plex-22lr.gif 
Views:	36 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	58681
    Total overkill for a rimfire, especially when there are excellent scopes made for rimfires, in smaller sizes, with parallax set for 50 yards or 75 yards, or adjustable parallax, and fine reticles, and BDC reticles and knobs for rimfires. And there are big-game centerfire scopes with fixed parallax from 50 to Infinity, like the Vortex Viper.
    Last edited by Southern; 30-06-2015 at 21:58.

Hi, not the answer to your question, but on my 22lr & Hmr I use Swarovski 6x42 fixed, simple duplex reticles ... Zero the 22 @ 50yds and the Hmr @ 35 Yds so It's on at 100 and that's It, don't miss a great lot and If I do Its not the kit ... It might help ... Cheers
    ... Altogether a rather better class of Remington 222 user ...

Z6 on a 22LR, very extravagant....but maybe a 1.7-10x40 is the one. A 6x42 also seems a nice answer. Side focus scopes are a pain in the arse if you are left handed

Hopefully parallax issue won't cause me to miss head shots at 50m on the burgeoning rabbit population

Been looking at Doctor Sport 4-14x40 AO. Looks good but 6 weeks delivery time.

Of no help but somewhere I have the correspondence with Swarovski when asking for a 6 - 24X50 with factory calibrated parallex that starts at c15 yards. They declined.

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by JRLA View Post
    Z6 on a 22LR, very extravagant....but maybe a 1.7-10x40 is the one. A 6x42 also seems a nice answer. Side focus scopes are a pain in the arse if you are left handed

Hopefully parallax issue won't cause me to miss head shots at 50m on the burgeoning rabbit population

Been looking at Doctor Sport 4-14x40 AO. Looks good but 6 weeks delivery time.
    I would have perhaps concurred, but it all depends on the depth of your pockets and the type of shooting you're doing. My friend took me out to some top class rabbit shooting yesterday, and using his Z5 3.5-18 with BT setup I was knocking over rabbits at distances I would not have thought possible, mainly because I am used to using a lower mag (and quality) scope zeroed at about 50 yds. I managed one at 87 metres with my lowly Hawke 3-9x50, I was affa chuffed with that.
    I was, incidentally, in the Cairngorms too, up past Glenbuchat, and took a bonny hill buck with the .223 to round off a good day !
    Last edited by Malxwal; 30-06-2015 at 22:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Of no help but somewhere I have the correspondence with Swarovski when asking for a 6 - 24X50 with factory calibrated parallex that starts at c15 yards. They declined.

K
    Shame. Preserving the brand image the reason?