Thread: Venison haggis ...?

Venison haggis ...?

Team,

i found this excellent video on how to make haggis:

i was wondering if anyone had ever tried this with deer pluck and, if so, what the results were like?

thanks,

j

That is so simple. Never thought to do them myself. Going to have to start neck shooting the roe though as there isn't much useable left of the pluck once 150g hits it!

I make a batch of venison haggis every year. I use the haggis kit from Weschenfelder. Comes with Ox bungs and premixed seasoned oatmeal. Works every time and is as good if not better than any haggis I have bought. I don't like to waste anything from a carcass!

Quote Originally Posted by DamDama View Post
    Works every time and is as good if not better than any haggis I have bought
    Haggis can only be made with mutton offal! What you're making is an abomination, ye Sassenach

In truth though, the only time I tried using venison offal I wasn't impressed. Mind you, that's probably because I make a damn good haggis myself & the venison version was just too different from what suited my own blend of spices
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Maybe my palate is not as refined as yours then Woodsmoke But I still like it whether its made from venison or mutton.

If you like it that's the important thing. I was only pulling your chain
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care