Thread: Any book recomendations

Any book recomendations

Afternoon gents,

As I'm currently living in digs for work I'm getting a lot of reading done in the evenings, so was wondering if there are any book recomendations on either boad shooting of african game shooting, looking for "relevant and pratical" rather than victorian tales of daring do (though they do make a good read)

Thanks for any leads.

Quote Originally Posted by s.stimson View Post
    Afternoon gents,

As I'm currently living in digs for work I'm getting a lot of reading done in the evenings, so was wondering if there are any book recomendations on either boad shooting of african game shooting, looking for "relevant and pratical" rather than victorian tales of daring do (though they do make a good read)

Thanks for any leads.
    Have you got Kindle on your phone or ipad? Loads of good books on there that are free or 99p. Ideal for travelling except that it drains your battery quickly.

Yes kindle in the room otherwise i would have put my back out getting my books up the stairs.

I have read lots of books about the NZ Deer cullers, usually written in an easy going Kiwi style.

Outdoor books
    ongoing SD thread with lots of good ones
    Last edited by Southern; 01-07-2015 at 22:40.

Get "West with the Night" by Beryl Markham. Lots in it about Africa and her time with von Blixen. 1000 times better than out of Africa. I think it's on kindle. Also "The Africa Letters" by von Blixen himself.
    There are a squillion but the only ones in the relevant and practical that come to mind are "How to become a Professional Hunter in Africa" and, maybe, "Mzee never miss - doing the hard hunts in your 60's, 70's and 80's". Now if you are just a lad you might not think the last one is relevant, but you won't always be a lad and good habits learned now will help.
    I don't know I we can say it on this forum but if you subscribe to AfricaHunting.com | AfricaHunting.com there's a ton of articles on there.
    Have fun and good hunting.

As it is 36c outside at the moment this would be a good read:
    http://www.amazon.com/Death-Long-Gra...g=UTF8&sr=&qid=

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Wanderings of an elephant hunter by W D M Bell on a free download,lots of different download options including kindle.
    the link is the https thing followed by :// then its archive.org/details/wanderingsofelep1923bell
    Sorry but wouldn't let me post a link as dont have five posts.