Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HSF Summit Stalker Tree Ladder High Seats

HSF Summit Stalker Tree Ladder High Seats

Hi Does any one on here have any experience with these seats that are offered at a discount price from the Sportsman's ?

Any advice welcomed

Poorly designed in that the shooting rail is too low, can be adapted but too much of a faff for the non technical amongst us.

F

They are absolutely fine, and robust I've got 6 I've had for 5 years and they are still in good shape, either the previous poster is an odd shape or he hasn't put them up properly- get one you won't regret it...

Quote Originally Posted by fern View Post
    Hi Does any one on here have any experience with these seats that are offered at a discount price from the Sportsman's ?

Any advice welcomed
    To get a decent shooting height then I had to add the frame (which is not painted) in the picture.
    I am 5'8. If you are shooting stuff close then they would suffice in stock form.
    With my mod then my shooting head position is good, as it was out the box It was not very comfortable....

To add, with all these seats most of the ladder angle is fixed thus dictating the seat angle if the tree is not dead plum..I had to make a longer brace pole for one particular tree...

Tim.243
    Stalking is very much like going to the night club

You can always tell an Essex Boy, just you cant tell him much...

An hour in the field is worth a week of typing trash.....

Pp
    Tim demonstrates perfectly my point. All the ones i have seen/ sat in are the same. I once had to take 2 steps down the ladder to get into a comfortable shooting position before taking a shot. Search on here and you will find numerous posts attesting to the fact that the rail is too low.

F

Have to agree too low for me also.

I have one, would never buy another one.
    Agree rail is too low.
    If I was you, I'd either spend less money and a couple of hours building a descent timber seat, or spend a little more on a p.d seat (advertises in the back of sporting rifle)
    Last edited by North Cornwall Deer; 01-07-2015 at 15:16.

I have a few and you get what you pay for. I see them as disposable as, I have had two rust to a point where they are dangerous.

Yes definitely too low
    S

Quote Originally Posted by North Cornwall Deer View Post
    I have one, would never buy another one.
    Agree rail is too low.
    If I was you, I'd either spend less money and a couple of hours building a descent timber seat, or spend a little more on a p.d seat (advertises in the back of sporting rifle)
    I agree on all counts.

I gave mine a couple of coats of hammerite before I even put it up, but within 18 months I ceased to trust it, which is especially bad if you are looking to get to it before first light.

Also one of the 'pre-drilled holes' was 90 degrees out.

Like NCD I have a number of PD highseats that have been up for years and only ever needed attention as a result of tractor inflicted damage.