Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for bore guides - help!!

Looking for bore guides - help!!

I'm looking for two bore guides, one for a Sako A2 in .308 and the other for a Tikka 595 in .223

I've had a look at some of the universal ones, but midwayuk reckons that at least one doesn't work on Sako's. The only guides I can find are by Possum (the #12 for the Sako and #59 for the Tikka) - both of which are out of stock on midway for a good month!

Please help!

Thanks in advance,
    Oly

Good question. I'd like to find bore guides for Sako AII and Foresters too. The action channels are too narrow for my current bore guide.
    Anyone with suggestions for Oly and me? Best, C

Sportsman in devon sells Sako's lists some bore guides, always answered my queries O.K. worth a try. got mine from midway just waited for stock to come in from states dont think they hold much in UK. deerwarden

Hi Guys
    Have a chat with Norman Clark, when I picked up my semi custom tikka 595 he turned the collar down on a dewey bore guide to fit. Works great in the 595 and sako L579. Alternatively if you can get hld of a bore guide with a metal collar like a dewey you could have the metal collar turned down to 0.673 in by anyone who can work a lathe with any degree of competence.
    ATB

Simon

what about sinclars they do one dont they don't if it'll be right one for you or not but worth a try eh...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622
    Stoney Point bore guides have smaller collars for Sako etc.

I found that universal boreguides do not fit my Sako 75. I was pointed in the direction of Reloading Solutions, I rang and next day one arrived! It fitted too! They are good people to deal with and do exactly what they say they will.

Link; http://www.reloadingsolutions.com/15.html

ft
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I made my own and you dont have to be a rocket scientist to do it.

1. Get a case in the calibre that you are making for and cut the bottom off the case.
    2. Purchase a piece of aluminium tube and a piece of plastic tube that the aluminium one can slide into with a comfortable fit.
    3. Cut the aluminium tube to a length that will just hang out the rear of the action.
    4. Rough up the surface of the aluminium at the end where you are going to fit the cut case.
    5. Rough up the inside of the case.
    6. Use araldite to fit the case onto the end of the aluminium tube.
    7. Once you have it to a good length cut a piece of plastic tube about 1 to 1.5 inches.
    8. Slide this over the aluminium tube and will be placed in the action just in front of the bolt.

It works and is cheap and is dedicated to each rifle I own.

Quote Originally Posted by jingzy View Post
    I made my own and you dont have to be a rocket scientist to do it.

1. Get a case in the calibre that you are making for and cut the bottom off the case.
    2. Purchase a piece of aluminium tube and a piece of plastic tube that the aluminium one can slide into with a comfortable fit.
    3. Cut the aluminium tube to a length that will just hang out the rear of the action.
    4. Rough up the surface of the aluminium at the end where you are going to fit the cut case.
    5. Rough up the inside of the case.
    6. Use araldite to fit the case onto the end of the aluminium tube.
    7. Once you have it to a good length cut a piece of plastic tube about 1 to 1.5 inches.
    8. Slide this over the aluminium tube and will be placed in the action just in front of the bolt.

It works and is cheap and is dedicated to each rifle I own.
    doh, why didn't I think of that? Thanks!

And they say we Yorkshiremen are carefull with money?