Looking for bore guides - help!!

Oly

I'm looking for two bore guides, one for a Sako A2 in .308 and the other for a Tikka 595 in .223

I've had a look at some of the universal ones, but midwayuk reckons that at least one doesn't work on Sako's. The only guides I can find are by Possum (the #12 for the Sako and #59 for the Tikka) - both of which are out of stock on midway for a good month!

Please help!

Thanks in advance,
Oly

Good question. I'd like to find bore guides for Sako AII and Foresters too. The action channels are too narrow for my current bore guide.
Anyone with suggestions for Oly and me? Best, C

Sportsman in devon sells Sako's lists some bore guides, always answered my queries O.K. worth a try. got mine from midway just waited for stock to come in from states dont think they hold much in UK. deerwarden

Hi Guys
Have a chat with Norman Clark, when I picked up my semi custom tikka 595 he turned the collar down on a dewey bore guide to fit. Works great in the 595 and sako L579. Alternatively if you can get hld of a bore guide with a metal collar like a dewey you could have the metal collar turned down to 0.673 in by anyone who can work a lathe with any degree of competence.
ATB

Simon

what about sinclars they do one dont they don't if it'll be right one for you or not but worth a try eh...

I made my own and you dont have to be a rocket scientist to do it.

1. Get a case in the calibre that you are making for and cut the bottom off the case.
2. Purchase a piece of aluminium tube and a piece of plastic tube that the aluminium one can slide into with a comfortable fit.
3. Cut the aluminium tube to a length that will just hang out the rear of the action.
4. Rough up the surface of the aluminium at the end where you are going to fit the cut case.
5. Rough up the inside of the case.
6. Use araldite to fit the case onto the end of the aluminium tube.
7. Once you have it to a good length cut a piece of plastic tube about 1 to 1.5 inches.
8. Slide this over the aluminium tube and will be placed in the action just in front of the bolt.

It works and is cheap and is dedicated to each rifle I own.;)

1. Get a case in the calibre that you are making for and cut the bottom off the case.
2. Purchase a piece of aluminium tube and a piece of plastic tube that the aluminium one can slide into with a comfortable fit.
3. Cut the aluminium tube to a length that will just hang out the rear of the action.
4. Rough up the surface of the aluminium at the end where you are going to fit the cut case.
7. Once you have it to a good length cut a piece of plastic tube about 1 to 1.5 inches.
8. Slide this over the aluminium tube and will be placed in the action just in front of the bolt.

:doh: doh, why didn't I think of that? Thanks!

I bought a 'universal' one from Midway for my Sako 85. It arrived and didn't fit. I phoned them and they said 'They usually don't , send it back and we'll refund you'. I said 'I don't want a refund, I want a bore guide!' so stuck it in a lathe and turned it down. it fits now!

Sportsman in devon sells Sako's lists some bore guides, always answered my queries O.K. worth a try. got mine from midway just waited for stock to come in from states dont think they hold much in UK. deerwarden

I was informed by Midway that no stock is held in the UK. Hence the long lead times. Never had any problems with anything I have purchased though even if you do have to wait a while.

John.

Thanks for the replies guys. Just wondering regarding the above - I saw a guy with one of these home made jobs the other day, but his didn't have the plastic tube, and I can't quite figure out what the plastic tube is used for? Is it just to protect the inside of the action? If so could you not just strap the whole thing with electrical tape? Have you used any method of making this semi water tight to stop unwanted solvents running back down to the chamber?

Cheers,
Oly

I've tonight just unscrewed the collar on my bore guide and wrapped a couple of turns of gaffer tape around the thread end and it now fits perfect in the sako chambers.

Thanks for the replies guys. Just wondering regarding the above - I saw a guy with one of these home made jobs the other day, but his didn't have the plastic tube, and I can't quite figure out what the plastic tube is used for? Is it just to protect the inside of the action? If so could you not just strap the whole thing with electrical tape? Have you used any method of making this semi water tight to stop unwanted solvents running back down to the chamber?

Cheers,
Oly

Would 10mm plastic water pipe do the same job too?

i know it,s an old post,but did any one make one of these,and have you got any pic,s,cheer,s,,ian

Give Dave
a call Shooting shed, he's a great guy he will make you one , he made myself one to fit my r93 he makes them from aircraft Ali great product fits like a glove.

Back