Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox "traps" eight people

Fox "traps" eight people

'Vicious' fox traps eight people in Cambridgeshire sports club - BBC News
    That was title of the news story anyway.
    A couple of things interested me apart from the thoughts of 8 grownups finding themselves terrorised by a single fox;
    Someone tried to "distract the fox by offering it food" and was bitten - was the fox used to being fed and was trying to grab more?
    Near the end there's this line " the pest controller suggested the fox may have been an urban animal, which somehow found itself in the middle of the countryside" - I wonder how that could happen..............
    Too many crazies feeding foxes, trapping them in cities and releasing them in the countryside perhaps?
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Sounds like they were short of the right calibre of person,
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Sounds like they were short of the right calibre of person,
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Good grief, yet another symptom of our ridiculous sterilised society these days. Trapped by a fox!? They should've called me, I'm made of the right hero material to tackle such a terrifying beast
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Nearly crashed the car laughing !

I also saw this on the BBC news site, did not know if I should laugh or cry !!.. The media have Disney'ised everything in the countryside to the point where grown adults are terrified of a single fox.. Christ...

A few months ago, I was trying to nip over the moor and there was a traffic jam of 8 tourist cars, all held up by three exmoor ponies in the road sniffing the first car, after 2 mins of it I couldnt stand it anymore, got out of the car walked to front
    and guided the ponies off the road.. the lead car driver wound his window down and thanked me because he and his wife did not know what to do and were afraid of the "horses"...

Neither the Wildlife Trust nor RSPCA was prepared to comment on the behaviour of the fox as their staff had not seen the animal.
    That's very unlike the RSPCA not to voice an opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Nearly crashed the car laughing !
    How are you reading the SD whilst driving?!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    How are you reading the SD whilst driving?!
    i knew it wouldn't be long till that was picked up on, the thread will now derail into a " using your phone whilst driving"

strewth LOL HA HA HA HA

sounds like a tame fox used to being fed off numpties

atb

kjf