Blaser kickstop

KB1

Do you have to pre-order a kickstop to put in a Blaser stock or is the space already there in all stocks.

Do other makes of rifle have kickstops.Could one be fitted ,by a gunsmith to a rifle without a kickstop,would there be any point,does a mod not reduce recoil more anyway.Looking forword to your answers.,Good for countys that dont allow mods ?.

Do other makes of rifle have kickstops.Could one be fitted ,by a gunsmith to a rifle without a kickstop,would there be any point,does a mod not reduce recoil more anyway.Looking forword to your answers.,Good for countys that dont allow mods ?.

There are many types of recoil reducer on the market and can, stock depending, be fitted to most rifles. Mostly seen on the large sporting calibers where a muzzle brake or moddy aren't desirable.
They certainly have their place but with the majority or cartridges used in the UK and the prevalence of moderators here, the recoil reducer is an expensive option for something which, in general, isn't a problem here

One of the other advantages of fitting a kick stop in a Blaser , especially if you have a moderator fitted, is that is makes it a more balanced rifle.

Very easy to fit too!

You have put all sorts of ideas in my head now,lve wonder if anyone has got any ideas on redressing the muzzle heavy problem with moderators

Buy a lighter one

I've got a Mauser m03 so essentially the same bar being a turn bolt I've got a Lawrence aurora mod 370grammes and I can't tell its on there to be honest and it'll last a lifetime being titanium

I know LP make an even lighter mod called a compact which is 300grammes

no gas cutting issues and no rust issues

and the black colour version will match your barrel perfectly as if it was made for it

Buy a lighter one

I've got a Mauser m03 so essentially the same bar being a turn bolt I've got a Lawrence aurora mod 370grammes and I can't tell its on there to be honest and it'll last a lifetime being titanium

I know LP make an even lighter mod called a compact which is 300grammes

no gas cutting issues and no rust issues

and the black colour version will match your barrel perfectly as if it was made for it

At 600 quid it's a little expensive mind ;)

"One of the other advantages of fitting a kick stop in a Blaser , especially if you have a moderator fitted, is that is makes it a more balanced rifle."

Precisely why I had one fitted to mine, especially as the moderator is an ASE Utra Jet Z - very efficient but heavy.

Karl

Back