Thread: MORENA advice please

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)

MORENA advice please

Hi, you seem to know your stuff when talking about Lymes disease so some advice please. To every body else ITS MY ARMPIT.
    I was out stalking at the weekend just gone and when I returned home on Sunday my wife removed 3x ticks from me.
    For the life of us we cannot remember where one of the ticks was located but I'm sure it wasn't at the site of this.
    Yesterday I had an itch and inspected in the mirror and found this near my armpit.
    Went to docs today but he doesn't think it's anything. He has given me a script for 56 tablets at 4/day
    Your opinion? Is that enough to see it off if it is?

Attachment 58733
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Ooh that looks nasty! And the bite looks rough too 😮

Usually say a Tick bite ends up looking like a bullseye, so keep on taking the tablets but from all of my reading it's usually a 28 day course of tablets for a bite if my memory is right and make sure that you don't miss any tablets as its the long term effects that buggers you.

Deleted, couldn't attach photo.

When I had it , the first I felt was sweaty hot / shivering, massive head ache , sick , dizzy, bones and joints aching ,hardly able to stand up , this came on very fast , it was only when on an isolation ward the docs spotted the 'rash' it was a very deffinate target / bullseye rash with diminishing rings going out ward , about 6 inch across,I have since had very similar to yours , don't leave anything to chance , ( not that I think you have ) hope it's just a reaction to the bite , regards Arron

teyhani1 Could you pm me your phone no so we can go through your signs and symptoms carefully? We can then take it from there.

morena

That's not to good looking teyhan I would seek more advice on this one if you can, keep taking the pills though, atb Davie

An infected tick bite does not always produce a typical bulls eye reaction, if you have the right symptoms get it checked out straight away. Norman (Morena) will put you on the right path, he helped me when I got Lyme disease, he is by far one of the most knowledgeable members on here.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    An infected tick bite does not always produce a typical bulls eye reaction, if you have the right symptoms get it checked out straight away. Norman (Morena) will put you on the right path, he helped me when I got Lyme disease, he is by far one of the most knowledgeable members on here.
    You are correct Malc, you may not always get the bulls eye rash.
    As deer stalkers we are acutely aware of ticks and Lyme disease.
    I have been bitten more times than i care to remember with no side effects, until this week that is.
    I found a tick on me that had clearly been attached for a few days, no problem, i just removed it.
    But, 48 hours later flu symptoms appeared, for 2 days i have been pretty unwell, went to the docs this morning, he was a little skeptical, offering a blood test (useless from what i understand until 8-10 weeks after you are bitten) and stating it could be a coincidence, which it could be, but i insisted on the anti-biotics, he prescribed them for 8 days.
    Cheers
    Richard