Thread: Browning AB3. Has anyone shot them?

Browning AB3. Has anyone shot them?

Hi all,

Just got my variation back so looking to get an AB3 in 7mm rem mag flavour. Does anyone have any experience with these rifles? I handled one in the gun shop and it certainly impressed me with its quality to price ratio. But having not shot it I dont know, Ive seen a few yanks wax lyrical about them but I take it with a pinch of salt given ive seen some yanks clearly impressed with their shooting online that can only described as poor at best. (Not wanting to tar them all with the same brush mind)

Any opinions welcomed :-)

Cheers

KS
    Stealthy, like a giraffe on roller-skates....

Quote Originally Posted by Kernow_Stalker View Post
    Hi all,

Just got my variation back so looking to get an AB3 in 7mm rem mag flavour. Does anyone have any experience with these rifles? I handled one in the gun shop and it certainly impressed me with its quality to price ratio. But having not shot it I dont know, Ive seen a few yanks wax lyrical about them but I take it with a pinch of salt given ive seen some yanks clearly impressed with their shooting online that can only described as poor at best. (Not wanting to tar them all with the same brush mind)

Any opinions welcomed :-)

Cheers

KS
    Hi have one in .270 and cant really fault it i get sub 1/2 inch groups with homeloads altough iam struggling to find a 130grn recipe which will give the same results. I did raise the recoil lug a touch for the use of a T8 mod so the barrel is totally free floating
    All in a very good package for a very good price.