Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Which 204

  1. #1

    Which 204

    There are now quite a selection of rifles in 204, is there any consensus of opinion as to which is the best, in particular from an accuracy point of view? Also do any of them respond to a bit of "tweaking"?

  2. #2
    Sorry to butt in but as I'm also looking for .204 I have a relevant question. Is there any particular one to NOT buy ?

  3. #3
    Have a look on the .204 ruger sites. I have got a deposit down on a Savage which is widely accomledge as the most accurate out of the box weapon. I think they are all pretty accurate, just what suits you. Lots swear by Tikka T 3 lite, Howa looks nice, Wheaterby Vanguard is a good choice, one v well known fox exterminator on here uses one.

    D

  4. #4
    Have a CZ 527 very accurate, trigger can be tweaked to oh so light. Also if you home load you can expect same hole at 100yds.

    BE

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rodp View Post
    Sorry to butt in but as I'm also looking for .204 I have a relevant question. Is there any particular one to NOT buy ?
    Barrel life is short if they have been abused. I was told 1000-1500 rounds if shot too quickly and not allowed to cool off. Watch out for secondhand ones with big round counts.

    BE

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by big ears View Post
    Have a CZ 527 very accurate, trigger can be tweaked to oh so light. Also if you home load you can expect same hole at 100yds.

    BE
    I have the CZ Varmint. First groups with the first load tried had 5 shots in half MOA -not once, but repeatedly, and that was before I adjusted the trigger.

    Guns to stay away from: The Savage Model 25. They break extractors whole sale. My Buddy's blew out his extractor and in fitting the new one I realized why. What a badly designed bit of junk.~Muir

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by big ears View Post
    Barrel life is short if they have been abused. I was told 1000-1500 rounds if shot too quickly and not allowed to cool off. Watch out for secondhand ones with big round counts.

    BE

    With high pressure handloads or factory ammo at least. With tamer handloads it's no worse than a 223. If the seller boasts of getting consistent 4100 fps from his 32 grain handloads? Pass on it.~Muir

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    With high pressure handloads or factory ammo at least. With tamer handloads it's no worse than a 223. If the seller boasts of getting consistent 4100 fps from his 32 grain handloads? Pass on it.~Muir

  9. #9
    T3 all the way. My baby shoots .15 out the box with hand loads. She's unreal!

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted 204 Rifle and Loading bits for 204.
    By Roebuck243 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 16:49
  2. 204
    By quiteman in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 15:20
  3. Wanted 204
    By magnum in forum Firearms
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-01-2012, 19:59
  4. Wanted Looking for a .204
    By camo304 in forum Firearms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-10-2011, 19:40
  5. .204
    By perks in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 21:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •