Thread: Dovetail to SR question

Dovetail to SR question

Short question:

Is it possible to mount a SR rail scope on a dovetail fitting?

Does the necessary adapter/mounts exist?

Cheers

Pmd you

but yes you can buy them Allan Rhone gunshop

i I think they are made by recnagel and will be about 100-200 give or take

expensive but but a solid mounting system

I use SR mounts on my Mauser

sako type ? if so yes sako base small fitting from Alan Rhone :http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...96952980,d.ZGU easy to fit makes it sit as low as pos :Attachment 58762 sorry still cant work out why it turns them upside down just tell him what you need he sorted mine out and they were under 80

Paul O' - I am not famaliar with Sako type mounts, are they compatible with a standard 9-11mm dovetail?

The ones in your photo look nice and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    sako type ? if so yes sako base small fitting from Alan Rhone :http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...96952980,d.ZGU easy to fit makes it sit as low as pos :Attachment 58762 sorry still cant work out why it turns them upside down just tell him what you need he sorted mine out and they were under 80
    Paul, what make are those mounts, and have they been a success. I quite fancy a rail mount scope, just seems more solid, even though Optilocks are pretty good, they're a bit of a faff around.

they are optilock base with the small blocks fitted that Alan Rhone sent me So the best of both and as they are rail mounted its only the eye ball you need to set up mine are the first ones he fits in the vid, just tell Alan what you need he will sort you out they have not moved or came lose and I have't needed to lock tight them had 180 rds 2935 fps no probs very happy
    Last edited by paul o'; 07-07-2015 at 20:36.

Cheers Paul, I contacted Alan, very prompt reply and very helpful. He reckoned a rail mount on Optilock bases would still be higher than Optilock bases and rings for a 44mm objective. I'm having issues with getting a decent cheek weld anyway, so pondering my options, might have to fit a comb raiser anyway. Definitely considering going down the rail route though.