Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Fourth!

Happy Fourth!

At the end of the day we are on the same team, but there is still one day a year!!

Let the Firestorm begin!!

Is that video aimed at just the English or us British also?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Funny but they still needed others to give us that black eye ???
    "In 1777, the British were still in excellent position to quell the rebellion".) LATE 1777 These American victories were critical for they helped convince France to recognize American independence and brought the French directly into the war as military allies.

SO as in most of the conflicts that the usa has been in it has needed help to overcome the end result .

mind you we have had our own small spats around the world one comes to mind down in the Falklands ? sum what akin to the one in the Vietnam BUT a different result AS WE WON OURS ON OUR OWN

Don't want to burst your bubble but I think you will find we had quite a bit of help from our mates in the States during the Falklands in terms of Intel, not to mention supplying the Navy with the latest version of the AIM-9 Sidewinders for the Sea Harriers.

boots on the ground feller ??? They prob charged for the kit so unlikely free help ? but as a foot note they then sold them to the fit the Mirage after the war ??? so help yes free no, aid to nut job when they needed a tool to match ours yes ?

ps ex green/sometimes and did have a yank wife still lots of very good pals in the states and have worked with some of the best fighting lads I know ? just wish they could understand our humour

So what's new?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    So what's new?

I will take it all as a positive salute. Just found a book on building frontier forts, written by one of my ancestors, for the British Army. It was used as a guide to building forts during the French and Indian War. My Virginia and Carolina ancestors were officers in the War of Independence, most notably at King's Mountain. But one ( German ) returned to home to rejoin the Prussian Army and was given land by the King of England for stopping French re-enforcements at Waterloo.

Americans realize that the basic culture is all English, Scot and German, and we are all in this against the barbarians of the New Dark Age.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern View Post
    I will take it all as a positive salute. Just found a book on building frontier forts, written by one of my ancestors, for the British Army. It was used as a guide to building forts during the French and Indian War. My Virginia and Carolina ancestors were officers in the War of Independence, most notably at King's Mountain. But one ( German ) returned to home to rejoin the Prussian Army and was given land by the King of England for stopping French re-enforcements at Waterloo.

Americans realize that the basic culture is all English, Scot and German, and we are all in this against the barbarians of the New Dark Age.
    Think the dark age is wearing the black cloak so prevalent on the news channels.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Funny but they still needed others to give us that black eye ???
    "In 1777, the British were still in excellent position to quell the rebellion".) LATE 1777 These American victories were critical for they helped convince France to recognize American independence and brought the French directly into the war as military allies.

SO as in most of the conflicts that the usa has been in it has needed help to overcome the end result .

mind you we have had our own small spats around the world one comes to mind down in the Falklands ? sum what akin to the one in the Vietnam BUT a different result AS WE WON OURS ON OUR OWN
    And what about the 25-30K Hessian Mercenaries the British used? A goodly chunk of them never returned home! You're going to hurt some Germanic feelings....

Weird video.~Muir