Australia - any info or experiences about shooting down under?

Christ, either things have changed since I was there or we were just winging it. Bloke I worked for didn't need a license as such as e was a farmer and that allowed you to have firearms. They were just starting to bring in a requirement to have a cabinet at the time!

my suggestion was going to be head to the pub in town and ask about. There will be someone that will take you out, as a generalisation thy are pretty friendly. Also speak to too shooters and offer service as an offsides. Hard work but a real eye opener!

If it was sometime after 94 then I think you must have been "winging it". Farmers/landowners would have still required a firearms licence from the early 80's. Being a land owner is a genuine reason for obtaining a licence, but it does not automatically give you the right , nor does it give you the right to give permission to use a firearm to non licensed people on your land.

What has changed things the most IMO is that most people (especially the under 30's) always have a camera in their hand & have a compulsion to post photos of everything (who cares what you are having for breakfast. Really?). Any land owner who was silly enough to allow this sort of illegal activity would no doubt find themself in a lot of trouble, thanks to their ill considered generosity. I'm sure it is the same up there, here the Registry & various regulatory authorities DO troll sites like this (face book, etc) & DO use the "intelligence" they gain.

Sharkey

Christ, either things have changed since I was there or we were just winging it. Bloke I worked for didn't need a license as such as e was a farmer and that allowed you to have firearms. They were just starting to bring in a requirement to have a cabinet at the time!

my suggestion was going to be head to the pub in town and ask about. There will be someone that will take you out, as a generalisation thy are pretty friendly. Also speak to too shooters and offer service as an offsides. Hard work but a real eye opener!

Thanks for the info everyone. What do you mean by: "Also speak to too shooters and offer service as an offsides. Hard work but a real eye opener!" Thanks.

He means help a professional roo as in kangaroo shooter to pull roos out and hang them and field dress them. Its not hunting and the novelty will wear off after gutting sixty roos a night and putting down the babies in the womb. As kangaroos have an external fetus you probably wouldn't enjoy that one bit.

Back