Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Borescope on Ebay

Borescope on Ebay

Waterproof 5.5mm 2M USB Endoscope Borescope Snake Inspection Camera Scope 6 LED | eBay

Hello
    I came across this item and wondered if anyone had ever tried one or is it a complete waste of time and money?
    Any Thoughts anyone?
    Ed

i looked at this but the issue is the angle of the camera

am sure it would be better than nothing but ideally you want a camera that faces the bore walls not down the bore

for £10 its worth a punt though

Just ordered one, probably junk, but at some point somewhere down the line it might come in useful for some DIY or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    i looked at this but the issue is the angle of the camera

am sure it would be better than nothing but ideally you want a camera that faces the bore walls not down the bore

for £10 its worth a punt though
    I was given something similar and it's great for looking into the lug chambers, the breech face and for viewing throat erosion but as you say, naff all use for actually looking at the rifling. Unfortunately there's not really any alternative to the rather more expensive Hawkeye rifle bore-scope.

Just bought one , can't go wrong at that price and it will let me look at the lugs ,chamber and throat , not concerned too much about the rifling .
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler – 1933

SD Regular
    As has been said, works very well - and actually gives a very interesting view of the barrel in the whole. Because you are looking across the rifling, you can see coppering extent and other fouling in a different perspective. Look a bit longer and a bit more money and you'll find one with a 45deg mirror to be able to look into the rifling which deals with the criticism above.
    Watch the video rates - but on the 80-20 rule it wins hands down against a £3-500 'proper' one.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

A few years ago I was stuck with a problem where I really wanted to use a bore scope, there was none available locally so I made my own.

Here's a video of the inside of my barrel with my homemade lash-up. Total cost about £35

Not as cheap, but this is on its way.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

This one has the angled mirror and is $60 Ebay No 251672687596

Quote Originally Posted by hybridfiat View Post
    This one has the angled mirror and is $60 Ebay No 251672687596

Shame they don't quote the size of the screw on mirror attachment, could be as big as a thirty cal?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!