Mixed Ammo

Long drag

Hi all,

If i mix up my ammo say 243 90g and 50g same manufacturer and it not in the correct box how can I tell them apart.

Long drag. :(

Try to get the manufacturer specifications for the overall length of the cartridge in either gr bullet. Then get some vernier calipres and measure the length. There will more likely than not be a difference and its usually the lighter grain bullet is seated deeper giving a shorter overall length. Be sure to get the information from the manufacture website though

KS

Try to get the manufacturer specifications for the overall length of the cartridge in either gr bullet. Then get some vernier calipres and measure the length. There will more likely than not be a difference and its usually the lighter grain bullet is seated deeper giving a shorter overall length. Be sure to get the information from the manufacture website though

KS

Seriously??
You wouldn't just weigh them? ~Muir

Sorry for asking, but the best answer is the lenght thanks KS.

There is no reloading over here and I do not have proper weighing scales.

:D

Muir, yes i would consider weighing but that option had already been discussed. I chucked the measuring out there as an alternative as the OP may not have had the facilities to weigh, and as it has transpired I was correct.
Hope that sorts you out drag :)

KS

Sorry for asking, but the best answer is the lenght thanks KS.

There is no reloading over here and I do not have proper weighing scales.

:D

I can't imagine that no one would have a balance scale of any sort. School science lab?? Pharmacist??
I know! Find a drug dealer! ;)~Muir.

balance them on your knife blade ,the heavier ones will tip nearer the bullet ,sorted 150 and 180 30-06 when mixed up in my putting them in the wrong coat pocket

Back