Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sellior & bellot

Sellior & bellot

Sellior and bellot once fired brass ,any good.

I found them a bit hard and decided to anneal the necks after the first firing , they were ok after that .
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler – 1933

not for me as above but just dump them as a foot note there primers are as good as cci imop

I shoot a lot of S&B down the running moose range. I reload once for hunting loads and then sling them. But then i do get a lot of once fired.

I can only speak for their .303 brass; and I'd definately not recommend that for reloading. They are ok for their initial firing, but after that it's a lottery. Some of them will split or perforate on the neck on the second firing, most will do it on the third. After that you start getting into case separation teritory. I have no experience of their brass for other calibres.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

I have quite a lot of S&B 7x57R cases, a few of them fired once. We shall see how they fare the second time, but at the rate I'm using them, that could take years.

I have some S & B once fired in 308Win and find them very hard and the primer pockets are very tight and need a lot of depth removing when uniforming. I slung them after trying a dozen or so.

I purchased some S&B 30-06 new cases that are now on there 3rd reload no problems at all.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I have a fair number of S&B cases in .243, .308 and .222 and despite reloading them between 3-5 times (depending on batch/calibre) I have had no reloading problems at all: no erratic velocities, no split necks, no signs of incipient case separation, nothing.

Consequently I have been very surprised to read of others' negative experiences on this thread.

If you have once-fired S&B available, I'd say grab it and use it.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Quote Originally Posted by Harry mac View Post
    I can only speak for their .303 brass; and I'd definately not recommend that for reloading. They are ok for their initial firing, but after that it's a lottery. Some of them will split or perforate on the neck on the second firing, most will do it on the third. After that you start getting into case separation teritory. I have no experience of their brass for other calibres.
    Most probably a problem with your rifle. I'm onto my third loading with my No 4. With a friend's No 4 (a 1943 war production) he gets head separation on first reload and so gave up.

-JMS