Back under a different name

I thought BASC was sufficiently in Bed with Mr Marsh not to be led up the garden path. Worth putting your faith in CA - the only response to the John Swift debacle with the reasoned case for supporting lead shot. Why are we always let down by....................?

If the subject matter itself isn't enough to raise hackles, I wonder why they can't find someone who is even moderately literate to compile the official record. If they can't communicate accurately and succinctly in written English, how can we have any faith in their ability to do so in urgent operational situations?

The danger of 1 man in power again,suddenly the law doesnt apply to me im in charge.no your not this is a democracy so do as the voting public ask no malicious cause trouble for shooters phonelines.one man with a bee in his power bonnet can do so much damage and only public outrage<bad publicity for him>can make him stop.He wants a phoneline to shop shooters so all calls to be charged to his bank account at 0898 rates say £1.50 a minute .Then make sure we all ring in to report every backfiring car and loud noise for a week see if he changes his tune,rant over.theres already a irresponsible shooters phone number =999

Well you know what to do - shop every criminal that you know - it would be interesting to how they react to this "information" would they go and tackle the criminal fraternity or not?

Shop a gun owner for what ?

My neighbor sees me taking gunship out car into house ... She phones then what ? I get a visit ?
Hassle the legitimate gun owners who jump thru hoops to stay on the right side of the law ?

Why don't the CC & pice do what they are supposed to do ?
Find & fight / crime

If I remember correctly the original purpose was to make an early identification of possible terrorist use of lawfully held firearms. This is a classic example of bad policing as it makes an assumption that we are a sector of society (an already vetted sector of society) that needs random observation, and by people with no qualifications under which to make such observations i.e. the public. It will therefore naturally alienate a very law abiding group. It is also open to gross abuse by people who have a issue with lawful firearms ownership and shooting.
In the original clarification letter they say 'there is little evidence' so why the heck do this??!! Nothing worse than officialdom without purpose.

Shop a gun owner for what ?

My neighbor sees me taking gunship out car into house ... She phones then what ? I get a visit ?
Hassle the legitimate gun owners who jump thru hoops to stay on the right side of the law ?

Why don't the CC & pice do what they are supposed to do ?
Find & fight / crime

Can't be much monitoring around your way, that's twice you've had that gunship out in one week!:D

Can't be much monitoring around your way, that's twice you've had that gunship out in one week!:D

......he must have a bigger car than me if he can get one of these in: :eek:

images

.....and that must have been an interesting chat following submission of the variation form!:lol:

One of my nieces ... slim, blond, beautiful ... had two tours in Afghan on the Apache. We did once discuss the use of 30mm rounds on munties, but decided that meat damage might be a little excessive.

One of my nieces ... slim, blond, beautiful ... had two tours in Afghan on the Apache. We did once discuss the use of 30mm rounds on munties, but decided that meat damage might be a little excessive.

There is a lot of talk about larger bullets and slower speed for less damage. Maybe you just need less powder?

How much N160 would that take before signs of over pressure ?

& is a hellfire seating depth fussy?

Land Rover lot would shake their heads at a gunship I'm guessing ... Nearly as bad as mentioning Toyota hilux ...

Paul

That article was dated 3rd July 2015 I hope you are right David

And it refers to the minutes of the FELWG meeting of 5th February this year, (next meeting BRistol, September 2015), where it was stated:

"Crimestoppers Hotline

The Crimestoppers Hotline was launched briefly and will be replaced with a Gun Safety Security line. This will be publicised to shooting communities, families and friends. More information will be circulated nearer the time."

So, how is that not current?

Does a Leopard change it's spots by calling it something else?

Or are BASC just accepting it as they did before, and it'll be left to the CA to point out the concerns of one of the most law abiding sections of society that they might not need a dedicated Crimestoppers Hotline by any other name to keep tabs on them?

Last edited:
It seems rather difficult to verify what FELWEG have said, or not, as the mintues of the meeting are, apparently unavailable. They used to be published up to 2010 by the Dorset Police (secretariat?) Since ACPO's demise, their WS is no longer available.

This 'leak', being February, suggests that, following AM's climbdown, (prompted by the actions of the CA) the matter is under review?
The Andy Marsh 'sorry' letter was October/November last year.

Old or recycled news ? I would like to be confident.

Last edited:
Back