Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Roe Rut 2015!

Roe Rut 2015!

Well kids,

As we've been seeing many people mentioning various Rut'like events up'n darn the isles, I thought I'd start a single thread where any and all rut activity can be mentioned and discussed.

If you've been out, seen anything relating to the rut, squeaked in a buck or doe, shot your best buck to date or whatever, stick the details and/or photos in here. Did the same last year and it worked well.

Historically I've always been fascinated by the differences in start dates, and also how they differ nationally. It's also handy for newbies to see that you can't take the written word of many books that discuss the subject as absolute gospel.

So, away you go folks! Here's to a good rut!
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Interested to know how you define a'start' date, or do they only rut when we are watching!

Only thing interested in the buttalo so far was an ex fox,atb doug,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyL View Post
    Interested to know how you define a'start' date, or do they only rut when we are watching!
    "Start Dates...." Plural Jeffrey, implying that across the nation they start at different times...

And I find it interesting how deer separated by a few miles can apparently 'Start' at different times...
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Has anyone fully mastered the art of deploying the Nordik Predator roe call?

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

X
    Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Has anyone fully mastered the art of deploying the Nordik Predator roe call?

K
    so far I,ve brought in 1 doe and 3 foxes!
    TonyC

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    Eyes down, look in for a full house...

Come on then, this has been quiet , usually this thread runs from around May until Oct

Anyone seen much? Even managed to call anything out to play?

Not been out but heading out this weekend for a look around.

too early at least another week yet, i dont usually bother until the last week july/first week august.

Patience is a always rewarded!

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Been culling since the end of May. There is no rutting activity as yet in West Sussex, however with the warm humid weather forecast to start again by Thursday I would hope that we will see it start within the next 10 to 14 days.

Calling in a doe at this time of year is not unusual, however until the does start to come into season the rut will not start.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.