Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: weihrauch jagd match.

weihrauch jagd match.

I love this rifle jagd match - Google Search

However I want it in 204. They do it in 222, Can this be rebarreld to 204

I held off replying to this as figured there are plenty of SD Experts able to furnish chapter & verse on such things but now see no one has stepped forward so here goes with a few observations:

1. Pretty sure someone will install a new 20 calibre barrel.
    2. Cartridge head diameter at 378 is compatible with bolt face.
    3. Check action and magazine will accommodate the slightly longer 204.
    4. I’m not overly familiar with the action locking arrangements but is the strength of the 66 ideal for the slightly higher pressure you’ll encounter with a 20 calibre bullet?
    5. Are you looking to buy new or second-hand?
    6. If the former, that is a lot of money to chuck in the bin and frankly something of a crime as these rifles are renowned for their out-of-the box accuracy.
    7. I’m assuming the main attraction of this rifle is the stock configuration as once you’ve done away with the awesome factory 222 barrel that is frankly all that’s left to be excited about?

Don’t let me put you off though as every semi-custom has to start somewhere.

All the best

K
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 10-07-2015 at 12:14.
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

I'm going to watch this one with interest because if they did this model in other calibres or a conversion is possible then I'd buy one without a second thought. Perhaps a factory .20 is a logical next step for these great rifles.

Another attraction of the Weihrauch is the sublime trigger.

Gents, I work with these rifles day in day out, I love the HW66 Jagd Match it is an amazing rifle to shoot far far better in my opinion than an Anschutz for less money. The Match trigger is crisp and very light, the actions of both the HW60J and HW66 are the same it is just the barrels that are different. Having bent Han's ear many times about larger calibre rifles he always re iterates: We can only produce 1000-1500 rifles a year there is no way we can spend time to develop new calibre rifles as we simply cannot produce any more to keep up with demand for say .243 / .308. again in my opinion the difference between .222 and .204 is miniamal. If you want a top tip I accuracy test here in .222 with Remington Accutip and shoot tiny 3 shot groups.

ATB Chris H

It's a shame and I think they are missing a trick. To remain static is often a mistake in any business - a business that doesn't try to grow is almost moving backwards. They have appreciative customers, an excellent product but also a demand for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    I held off replying to this as figured there are plenty of SD Experts able to furnish chapter & verse on such things but now see no one has stepped forward so here goes with a few observations:

1. Pretty sure someone will install a new 20 calibre barrel.
    2. Cartridge head diameter at 378 is compatible with bolt face.
    3. Check action and magazine will accommodate the slightly longer 204.
    4. I’m not overly familiar with the action locking arrangements but is the strength of the 66 ideal for the slightly higher pressure you’ll encounter with a 20 calibre bullet?
    5. Are you looking to buy new or second-hand?
    6. If the former, that is a lot of money to chuck in the bin and frankly something of a crime as these rifles are renowned for their out-of-the box accuracy.
    7. I’m assuming the main attraction of this rifle is the stock configuration as once you’ve done away with the awesome factory 222 barrel that is frankly all that’s left to be excited about?

Don’t let me put you off though as every semi-custom has to start somewhere.

All the best

K
    Quite good points. I would never do that kind of alteration to a rifle with that reputation... especially one in .222! ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by chrishorner View Post
    Gents, I work with these rifles day in day out, I love the HW66 Jagd Match it is an amazing rifle to shoot far far better in my opinion than an Anschutz for less money. The Match trigger is crisp and very light, the actions of both the HW60J and HW66 are the same it is just the barrels that are different. Having bent Han's ear many times about larger calibre rifles he always re iterates: We can only produce 1000-1500 rifles a year there is no way we can spend time to develop new calibre rifles as we simply cannot produce any more to keep up with demand for say .243 / .308. again in my opinion the difference between .222 and .204 is miniamal. If you want a top tip I accuracy test here in .222 with Remington Accutip and shoot tiny 3 shot groups.

ATB Chris H
    When say you work with these rifles every day, is that in a shooting or a smithing capacity, only I have some fettling to be done.

Finch sorry not a Gunsmith I have a HW60 and a HW66. I work for HCC the Weihrauch official importer we have gunsmiths here to repair any model but we cannot do custom work in our workshops. ATB Chris H

Finch sorry not a Gunsmith I have a HW60 and a HW66. I work for HCC the Weihrauch official importer we have gunsmiths here to repair any model but we cannot do custom work in our workshops. ATB Chris H
    Was I speaking to you on the phone Friday about my disintegrating HW60 magazine?

Hi Chris.
    Any news on the thumbhole stocks coming in for existing owners to upgrade please ?