Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Use of a Modertor Multi-Calibers

Use of a Modertor Multi-Calibers

Hi
    I have this theory that I could use my 30 Cal ASE utra mod on my .243 and .308 (obviously with authority) as long as the thread is the same. I would like to know if that it's possible and it's been tried and tested?

Thanks

Yes, used a .30cal ase North Star on my .243 and .308, it worked just fine on each!

I use a .30 moddy on my 6.5x55 without any issues.

Anyone used a 30 cal mod on a 223?

Quote Originally Posted by oager View Post
    Anyone used a 30 cal mod on a 223?
    use it on my .223 and 6.5mm

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    use it on my .223 and 6.5mm

Is a variation needed to use it on each calibre?

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    Is a variation needed to use it on each calibre?
    Technically yes, although I only have one mod and swap between the two rifles. I do have authorization on both Cal's to use a mod. when I add a caliber I also add a mod as well always have done. DO NOT use on a rifle if you don't have a mod for that caliber - very sticky wicket me thinks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    Technically yes, although I only have one mod and swap between the two rifles. I do have authorization on both Cal's to use a mod. when I add a caliber I also add a mod as well always have done. DO NOT use on a rifle if you don't have a mod for that caliber - very sticky wicket me thinks!!!!

So perhaps a certificate could allow possession of a moderator(s) and each weapon could be authorised to be used with a moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by JTO View Post
    So perhaps a certificate could allow possession of a moderator(s) and each weapon could be authorised to be used with a moderator.
    I'd have thought that as long as your FAC reads close to:
    .243 Bolt action rifle + moderator
    .308 Bolt action rifle + moderator

Then you're covered to use the one mod on either rifle. It's your choice whether to buy 2 mods or not
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

I started out with one full bore sound moderator in .30 cal, I now have three full bore sound mods in .30 cal. My current certificate has an, 'Additional Condition' as follows:

The Sound Moderator will take the same condition as the the firearm to which it is attached.

Given my certificate was varied in June 2014, things may have moved on since then as I understand 'Conditions' are now being simplified.

Regards

JCS