Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breakdown cover AA renewal rip-off

Breakdown cover AA renewal rip-off

I have been with the AA since the early 80's (bar one year) and whilst the service was great when i needed them (less so these days with my Hilux!) the fee's have just gone up and up.
    So once again the auto renewal came through, a massive increase over the previous year, so as i always have done in the past i ring them up and 'oh yes sir we can give you a discount' what a load of crap, they make out like they are doing you a favour, but i wonder how many people just never check the price and it slips through.
    So i did my sums, every year the increase is 65% exactly, so a quick internet search comes up with a whole load of other customers who have had the same issues.
    So this year i rang them and cancelled and went with Green Flag, much cheaper.
    Cheers
    Richard

after ten years of the same rubbish from them i switched to RAC .they started to do the same but now its free with my bank account so it doesnt matter how much they put it up.Full european cover ,free is a good price.
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

Quote Originally Posted by tozzybum View Post
    after ten years of the same rubbish from them i switched to RAC .they started to do the same but now its free with my bank account so it doesnt matter how much they put it up.Full european cover ,free is a good price.
    +1 just reviewed my bank account and free cover including European
    regards pete

Also Green Flag as an add on to my insurance for an additional 3.49 a month (over ten months)

What bank account is that?

I use Boncaster, an insurance based service that you pay for the recovery and then they repay you, I have only claimed once and the process was straightforward and payment prompt. It costs about 40 per year and covers me & my wife for all cars, motorbikes and trailers, as I have motorbikes and a growing fleet of cars including classics I think that this is excellent value.

I find you have to switch user every two years or so to keep getting the introductory rates been member of RAC and AA for years but always need to keep checking and switching between themt

The AA went wrong when they sold out and went from mutual type to a stock market business

I’m finding something similar with my Landover insurance.

Back in 2005 I was having real trouble getting a sensible quote for a Defender Double-Cab until I tried NFU Mutual. They were by far the best deal, very helpful and on the ball. So much so I insured my Wife’s car with them too.

When I phoned them last year to question the massive renewal uplift they were not the same company and basically said if you don’t like it get it insured elsewhere!

K
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Yup & it's the same with car insurance , house & contents insurance ... Any bl00dy insurance , mobile phone tarrifs etc etc

You don't claim & renewal is huge !!!!
    It used to pay to be a loyal customer ... Not now , new customers get the best rates ...
    It's all legalized extortion .... I asked why my car insurance renewal was so high , lady said because so many folk claiming whiplash etc .... So they need it "covered"
    I replied yes by taking money from me & others like me who don't claim ?!
    I think not

Paul