Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is a Deer stalker?

Account Suspended

What is a Deer stalker?

I have been wanting to ask this question for a long time and having just read another thread I believe it is relevant
    Do some people call themselves Deer Stalkers to make themselves a cut above the rest of us that shoot deer?

Seems like a silly question to me. A deer stalker is someone who hunts deer.

(The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Sorry, I thought that was obvious! Ha ha

If you hunt deer why wouldn't you call yourself a deer stalker . What are the alternatives ?

Chill

Deer Hunter?
    The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Personally I prefer deer hunter as I don't have to pretend that all the deer I shoot are less than 40m away, always boiler room shots and shot with a nice walnut classic stalking rifle ;-)

whilst its its only a name I have found a lot of people who bang on about being a "deer stalker" are the holier than thou sort who if you don't do it their way than you're just a animal murdering redneck

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I have been wanting to ask this question for a long time and having just read another thread I believe it is relevant
    Do some people call themselves Deer Stalkers to make themselves a cut above the rest of us that shoot deer?

I cant see that stalking deer, hence actually being a deer stalker makes you a cut above deer hunters/shooters as you are actually stalking deer??

if you stalk deer your a deer stalker,/hunter/shooter, if you shoot deer from a highseat or stand you are a deer hunter/ shooter as you are ambushing them not stalking them IMO

if you shoot deer at 500yds( I don't but our American cousins do) you are IMO a deer shooter/ hunter if you eat the carcass,

if if you just shoot deer at any range but not stalked into them , and don't eat the carcass you are a deer shooter,

this is is just my opinion gents

hells bells , I've just confused myself lol

who cares anyway , as long as we enjoy it and the animal is despatched cleanly and ethically that's all that counts

atb

kjf
    Last edited by Kjf; 09-07-2015 at 17:33.

As we are on stalking directory maybe we are directory stalkers, only people who have dsc1&2 are real stalkers , i thought everybody knew that

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I don`t think that is the case at all, maybe you if look at how you go about your own methods concerning deer control then you can decide what you want to be recognised as and label yourself accordingly

Bob