Thread: Cull shooting in Devon & Dorset - Winter 2014-2015

Cull shooting in Devon & Dorset - Winter 2014-2015

Folks, it's that time of year once more!

The deer are showing on the pasture as the woodland under-story gets grazed out, and the land-owner is not happy at seeing next years silage being cropped!

I can provide shooting for individuals or parties of 2-4 competent shooters, at an inclusive price of 150 per person per day (two outings), target species being any sex cull Sika & Fallow Deer, no limit on numbers - subject always to first shot kills! So, no shots at a second beast unless you are sure your first shot was fatal. To encourage accurate shooting at ranges within your capabilities, wounded/lost beasts will be charged at 200.

Wild Boar (Juvenile/Female) may be taken if seen, at an additional fee of 60. Trophy Stags / Bucks / Wild Boar may be taken if seen at a fee subject to negotiation, but capped at 350 for a CIC Gold Standard.

Venison remains the property of the estate - but is available at prevailing Game-Dealer rates.

External Image - Click to view original size (559x480px)

I need you to turn up for a check-zero between 2:30 to 3:00pm on the day before the shoot with your rifles zeroed for the ammunition you will be using on the shoot. You should be able to shoot a group of not more than 3" from a rested position at 100yds. You will be required to gralloch any beasts you take as part of this offer. If you are currently unable to do this & require coaching, there will be an an extra 40 daily cost for supervision.

External Image - Click to view original size (640x479px)

Shooting will be conducted by both high-seat and accompanied foot stalking. You should be a competent shooter, as you will be working under your own responsibility. Supervision/coaching/estate rifle is available for those looking to further their knowledge of stalking, or work towards DSC2. As an AW, I can assist in completion of your portfolio at no additional cost during these outings.

We have excellent B&B accommodation on-site. This is charged at 40 per person, per day & makes arranging a visit very straight-forward.

Any questions regarding dates etc. please give me a call or Email to discuss.

Regards

Ian
    Last edited by IanF; 10-07-2015 at 09:37.
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Having been out with him I can recommend Ian's shooting grounds and his guidance.

Thanks Rog!

Folks - this offer runs through until March 2016, get in touch and we can answer any queries you may have.

Rgds

Ian
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

When God made this island of ours, He decided to make Cheshire a veritable deer desert ... He put all of the deer that would have looked good here, all the way down on Mr Farrington's stomping ground!.., plus He made those deer immune to the rain, unlike those He placed up the other side of the wall, that leg it for cover at the mere hint of a blow.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Having been out with him I can recommend Ian's shooting grounds and his guidance.
    +1 for the effort that Ian F puts in to make a successful outing, he also knows the best breakfasts in the County.

Ian is one of the good guys, will always go the extra mile for you.

David.
    Last edited by Kalahari; 25-07-2015 at 13:48.