Long Exposure Shots

Simply stunning, kudos sir!

Out of interest, do you mind me asking whether it is purely the 10-stop filter that enables the longer exposure and cracking result, or is there a degree of HDR manipulation in their as well? I enjoy my photography, but confess I don't understand the science at all. Why not just set the desired aperture and shutter speed on 'manual', or is the filter just an easier way of achieving?

Simply stunning, kudos sir!

Out of interest, do you mind me asking whether it is purely the 10-stop filter that enables the longer exposure and cracking result, or is there a degree of HDR manipulation in their as well? I enjoy my photography, but confess I don't understand the science at all. Why not just set the desired aperture and shutter speed on 'manual', or is the filter just an easier way of achieving?

That exposure was 46 seconds if I recall correctly, and taken mid afternoon, I do set the aperture and shutter speed but still wouldn't have been able to get the desired result without the filter because at that shutter speed the final image would have been severely overexposed.

Back