Thread: Dog kennel paint

Dog kennel paint

Morning ,there are some very practical people on here so I wondered if anybody new of a good floor paint for a dog kennel ?
    I recently made a new run with a concrete floor , let it dry for a week ,brushed it off daily then painted it with a grey floor paint .
    It is after about three week coming off !!! Very annoying !
    Advice needed on a new product or different techniques ?
    Many thanks
    tom

Did you apply the proper sealant?, floor paint is more often than not needing to go over a proprietary concrete sealer.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

That will be it then !!!! Numpty ! You have to apply a sealent ?? What should I do now then , get the paint off , dry and start again or can I apply sealent to floor paint ?
    Cheers

+1 for sealant first (two coats to form a key) then proprietary floor paint.
    I made the same mistake with a garage floor. Repainted twice before a builder friend pointed out my error��

Personally I leave mine concrete ,paint after a couple of weeks always looks second hand and I use c30-35 concrete now so the pee don't corrode it
    norma

I think you may have a job on your hands removing the paint,If you really have to get it off, I would be thinking maybe a roofers blow torch & a buddy with a floor scraper, if it is possible to use it without burning the place down, or maybe a combination of some solvents?, A big job in my estimation, see how you get on patching it up regularly?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

It's only coming off in the places I scrub with floor brush ! I have patched , would a sealer work over the top of the paint ?
    Tom

Probably not, once you have a breach in your coatings you are on a continual downwards spiral, another poor approach is no damp proof membrane, allowing rising damp to spall off your finishes, concrete additives can help in the casting stage.

I got my kennel floors done with polyurathane, two Coates, the other stuff I'd use is called renotex.

You should have used an etching solution prior to painting, this allows the paint to key onto the concrete. You'll have a problem removing all the paint finish. I would scrape off all the loose/flaking paint and leave it, there's no great advantage in painting the concrete slab any way