What to bring back?

jimbo123p

My daughter is working in Morganton, North Carolina, this month. What should I put on my wish list for her to bring back?

Bring back Magpul stuff - cheap over there and in demand over here (obviously no ITAR bits and bobs)

Try the Cabelas store at Fort Mill in SC, its only about an hour and a bit from Morganton. Their insect (tick) repellent clothing is good, bit like the Rovince stuff but cheaper. There is a lot more stuff in there too, its like a sweetie shop!! Have a look on line and I think you can make a virtual shopping list to collect.

ive always liked the look of the kelty game hauler that they have out there, seems a much better option than a roe sack hanging half way down your back when full

It could be a long list. Yes lots of cheap offerings in the U.S. But wise to apply a little caution as lots of tat as well. In terms of value I would rank the following excluding Iftar controlled items; rifle scopes I.e. zeiss Terra 3-12x50 $450, trail cams perfectly adequate ones start at $70, danner boots $200, folding knives bench made, critics kershaw $25 - $100. Wise to shop around as if you know what you want buy on line as some retailers will ship in 2 days for free to a U.S. Address and don't charge state tax which Cabelas will.

Optics. Don't forget your import limit though, which is about £400ish. If you exceed that and they find out, you'll incriminate your daughter and more importantly be liable for tax and duty on the whole value of the goods.

Yes, shop at Cabela's, but look online at Amazon, Natchez Shooters Supply ( Chattanooga, TN), Midsouth Shooters, Palmetto State Armory ( Columbia, SC). A lot of mail order is no sales tax when shipped to another state where there is no store. A lot of manufacturers are using Amazon to liquidate close out models with free shipping - Nikon, Swift, Bushnell, Burris, Vortex, and Beretta. I just bought a gloss finish Swift Premier 3-9x40 with BAK7 Schott glass, for $85.00 ( list $285.00), and a Beretta Windstopper sweater for $28.00, Sako Optilock rings and bases for $58.00.

In a few weeks, lots of states will have tax free weekend for school supplies and clothing. Hit Cabelas in Fort Mill August 7-9th and save 7% sales tax.
http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales_holiday.html

If you are into fishing, Cabela's and Bass Pro ( up north side of Charlotte, 20 miles from Fort Mill ), will have lots of it. Gander Mountain is a few more miles off on I-77, on I-40.

Back