Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anschutz 1417

anschutz 1417

Can anyone give me some info,advice, etc thinking of changing cz452. Worth the money, much better etc
    thanks

I have both 22 annie and 17hmr 452 both good for what they do,the annie i got new cost arm and a leg, brilliant ,,,,the cz 452 i got for a third of the price also brilliant,,only thing to check is the cz trigger but to be honest ,,,a 14quid fix,if budgets tight go for cz,the bunnies wont know any difference,atb doug,
    DONT START

I've got the 1417 thumbhole wearing a S&B 8x56 - it is an absolutely sublime rifle and it'll never leave the collection - 60mtr hole on hole with RWS subs - total bunny basher and a rifle to cherish which'll hold its money forever.

Only thing close to it for the field would be one of the Weihrauch's
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

Ctrl-Alt FACT

Agree totally with Hereford.

The annie is a cracker. Superb trigger,10 shot mag as standard,14 inch barrel and the thumbhole stock is great plus the receiver is drilled and tapped so that you can,if you like, put some picatinny bases on and use some decent rings.It's also accurate and nice and compact for use out of a van/truck window. I had a few wee niggles with my annie but sorted them out one by one and it would be the last rifle I would get rid of. The CZ is also a good rifle(once the trigger is fixed) and whether it's worth changing is debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hereford View Post
    I've got the 1417 thumbhole wearing a S&B 8x56 - it is an absolutely sublime rifle and it'll never leave the collection - 60mtr hole on hole with RWS subs - total bunny basher and a rifle to cherish which'll hold its money forever.

Only thing close to it for the field would be one of the Weihrauch's
    I have feed issues with my Weihrauch. If you cycle the bolt really vigorously its fine but try and do a sneaky reload on the quiet and the shell doesn't eject, it drops out of the extractor and sits on top of the magazine and you don't realise its happened in the dark until you try and load another and get a jam up.
    With my CF rifles the moment the empty shell is clear of the chamber its over your shoulder.
    With the weihrauch .22 being a dedicated NV shooter where silence and discretion are key, this weak ejection is a nuisance. Could try and get a stronger spring for it I suppose, or I'm thinking of changing my rimfires for Annies or Sakos. (I've got a matching pair of HW60s. Quality rifles with superb finish quality but there are niggles and Weihrauch after sales care and spares supply is non-existent).

The Anschutz is a fine rifle, the only downside i have found with it is that the bolt doesn't lock when closed.

ive been thinking myself about up-grading my .22lr (old brno from 1980) to either a sako or annie but what sticks with me is yes im sure that either of those rifles will be a nicer rifle than what i already have but will either be any more accurate than what i have?

Probably not. A different rifle may not be inherently more accurate but if its functionality, design, fit, trigger quality etc help you to shoot it more accurately then that may be an advantage worth paying for. Its all about user interface as indoor people with wires in their ears like to call it.

There are two in our household a LH and a RH version. Its a superb bit of kit both are Thumb hole walnut trigger is brilliant and with Eley subs more accurate than the operators. My son last time we were shooting was dialing in at 134 yds with a vortex scope and i marvelled at his accuracy. Fantastic short gun for vechicle use. Mine zeroed at 50 yds and 2 mil dots its spot on at 100yds. Head shoot everything with it. Also I you can get them Magtech subs are very accurate and very effective on magpies.

D