Thread: oh oww and similar words

oh oww and similar words

Attachment 59050Had a wonderful afternoon. Smoke billowing from my new battery drill and then found my weihrauch air rifle on the floor. Had fallen from the shelf in the wardrobe and cracked the stock. Would anyone happen to know what oil weihrauch use for their stocks please.

Many thanks Pete

Most likely boiled Linseed oil. Seems to be the industry standard don't quote me on it though!

Best ask Hull Cartridge who are the importers:
    http://www.hullcartridge.co.uk/articles.htm
    might be worth getting it done by a decent stock repairer though. I had one done where they injected a resin in and I couldn't even see it afterwards. I'm not sure it will be oiled either as most modern stocks are merely sealed.
    MS

Thanks for the replies. I will give hull Cartridge a call. I'm pretty sure it is oiled as it has darkened where I rest my cheek on the comb but I may well be wrong. My brother works in a yard contacting joiners wood turners finishers and cabinet makers. One of them fitted a piece of veneer to a deed box of my fathers and you had to really study it to see any work had been done at all so hopefully between them all we should get a good result

There are plenty of vids on youtube showing how to repair/refinish a stock yourself. It's not hard if you have the patience, and can be very satisfying.
    I've done a few, experimenting with oiled or varnished finishes, and oiled is so much better in every respect.

Hi pj1,
    a number of years ago I took a chip out of the pistol grip of a Beretta semi auto shotgun, I ended up sending it to a guy for repair, it was returned to me, and it was impossible to see the repair. I hope you get a good result with your proposed repair.

all the best,
    3bl

pass but we have Brian Farr a stock repair and gun smith down our way fix's from 25k Browning's to anything that's wood top guy none better i'v found .
    if you wish here is the info he repairs buckets of shot guns and air rifles for the gun trade around Essex
    Bryan Farr (Gun Repairs)

Address:15 Church EndPostcode/City:SS3 9XQ Foulness IslandCounty:Essex Phone: 01702 21962901702 219629 Fax: 01604 863330

Quote Originally Posted by pj1 View Post
    Attachment 59050Had a wonderful afternoon. Smoke billowing from my new battery drill and then found my weihrauch air rifle on the floor. Had fallen from the shelf in the wardrobe and cracked the stock. Would anyone happen to know what oil weihrauch use for their stocks please.

Many thanks Pete

It may be cheaper to just replace the stock, rather than repair..
    I think I have a HW100 stock kicking about somewhere.