Thread: Firearms confiscation

Firearms confiscation

Back in march I had my firearms confiscated by Police Scotland. A week after the accusation and after informing the Police that I held firearms, the boys in blue turned up to confiscate my guns.
    Without any argument, I surrendered my Rifles, Shotguns and ammunition and offered my certificate to the officers , to be told that they did not require it as I was a responsible certificate holder.

After two months and several inquiries as to what was going on, an officer turned up to take my licence to Fettes Avenue.
    At the game fair at Scone I had a conversation with the SACS rep, who took my case on , I have had more positive results and things now seem to moving in my direction now.
    Worth every penny I have paid in membership
    To, SACS thank you for your assistance and help
    Andy R

Never heard anything other than positives from problems that they take on.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Never heard anything other than positives from problems that they take on.
    I can second that! I was having "problems" when I first applied for a .243 for Deer and Fox but when SACS stepped in the situation was resolved (In my favour) in just a matter of days.
    Hats off and top marks to SACS!

Quote Originally Posted by ajr6208 View Post
    Back in march I had my firearms confiscated by Police Scotland. A week after the accusation and after informing the Police that I held firearms, the boys in blue turned up to confiscate my guns.
    Without any argument, I surrendered my Rifles, Shotguns and ammunition and offered my certificate to the officers , to be told that they did not require it as I was a responsible certificate holder.

After two months and several inquiries as to what was going on, an officer turned up to take my licence to Fettes Avenue.
    At the game fair at Scone I had a conversation with the SACS rep, who took my case on , I have had more positive results and things now seem to moving in my direction now.
    Worth every penny I have paid in membership
    To, SACS thank you for your assistance and help
    Andy R
    Andy nice to know that your shooting organisation has represented you well and that you feel that it was a good that you belonged to a shooting organisation, just a pity that so many shooters don't feel the need to belong to at least one shooting organisation. You say that the police "confiscated" your guns following an accusation. Just a bit curious about a few things as the story you tell is a bit short on detail.

What was the accusation?
    Was your certificate revoked or partially revoked?
    What legal actions did you take or from whom did you seek advice immediately after the "confiscation"?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

The accusation was of assault. I was never informed of my licence being revoked . The matter was investigated in a matter of a day or so and the police officers that had interviewed me, informed me that there was no grounds for further action and I was told my guns and ammunition would be returned, Fettes then sat on things for months.
    I contacted SACS when the officers informed me of the confiscation of my equipment and they told me to wait and see what happened.
    As nothing seemed to be progressing I got them involved again
    it seems the events after the accusation were a complete shambles,

my equipment confiscated a week after the accusation was made , Officers asking for rifles I have never owned,
    refusing to take my certificate when offered, then turning up 2 months after to collect my certificate ,
    being told the officers who took my guns were not firearms trained and did not know how things should have been handled
    Last edited by ajr6208; 13-07-2015 at 08:04.

Please keep us informed - experience although not expected or enjoyable is helpful to everyone, as above, personal details excluded.
    My sincerest wish you get justice and quickly.

I had a long chat with the new top man at SACS the other week, he sounds like a good bloke who very much has members interests at heart, so I am confident they will help.

I agree 100% with 8x57, just goes to show how important it is to belong to one of the organisations, just so you have someone in your corner when you need it

Best of luck

David